Preserved Collection 2 Is Not Showing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DB628, Sep 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

In the future just have updates when fully ready togo so this long lag effect doesn't have to produce all this drama.

• Like Like x 3
  2. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Well done Natster. Nothing like throwing you into a new job at the deep end. P.s Welcome to the Dovetail community

• Like Like x 1
  3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Let's hope things get corrected before anyone has to end up hitting rock bottom.

4. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

I haven't hit any rocks BUT I'm feeling rather derailed this morning

• Like Like x 1
  5. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I second what this person said, holy crap this woman is getting a trial by fire, so strap in, this place can get a bit spicy, and enjoy the crazy ride that is this community Natster :) :D :cool:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. ROKIIz

ROKIIz New Member

Wonder how long this is gonna take

7. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Looks like it's slowly getting updated, the in-game store now lists the DLC, though it still wants to be bought, and doesn't have the achievements.

8. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

Yeh mines is looking the same now, also showing the isle of wight route in the games own store

9. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Honestly, how disgusting are these responses in here. I have not even seen an official update release announcement today yet people get angry and ferocious

• Like Like x 5
  10. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

So now we can see it in the game store but still with a price to pay!

11. mkennaway

Yep! Its 10.50am on the day that the updates are to be released. So in my book theyv got until 23.59pm to get it sorted. Iv not played forza for a long time but I remember when they used to bring out car packs for say the 7th of July, it would come out on the 7th but not until 3-4pm.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Well, when you announce that the next preserved collection content drop is coming on Thursday, then the DLC shows on the store from midnight, but doesn't recognise that you previously own it, what do you expect?

People's time is precious, and so they expect to be able to play the content that they own, when they see it up and available to get.

On top of that, the achievements for the DLC haven't even been added to the game yet, meaning that even if we could play it, the achievements wouldn't be unlocking, with no guarantee that they would track or unlock retroactively once they are added to the game.

• Like Like x 3
  13. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

And now i hope DTG Get it so that if we onw the new DLcs for 2020 and tsw2 For free.

14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

For those people so incredibly eager to play RSN or TVL, just fire up TSW2020 and play them there, at least until you’ve given DTG half a chance to sort this minor issue out. Anyone would think this was life or death stuff the way some people were reacting 15 seconds after the routes appeared on the stores.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Dawidowmaker999

Dawidowmaker999 Member

Have some patience folks. Dovetail are probably working on a fix now.

16. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Did anyone here actually sleep? I'm curious. DTG are based in the UK (i think) so no one would really be available to help between midnight and early morning. Poor Matt at 2am has already responded. Natalie has been on this morning and has said it's being looked into. There's not much point worrying and stressing too much. Thursday is like any other day that consists of 24 hours. Patience :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. ROKIIz

ROKIIz New Member

Probably not just dtg to be fair

18. mclitke

This just reeks of impatience and entitlement, sorry for being blatant. If I see an update being available but no announcement, I wait until the "the update is here" announcement. It is always possible that either party messes up with something, details show before supposed to, funktionality not implemented before shown in the shop.
    There was no time mentioned when this Thursday update will be available and you just need to be patient.

People's time is precious, apparently only yours, since the people here get angry at the devs for not getting at the issue at 2 Am?

You need to come down a bit, everything will be solved. How bad is it in the grand scheme of things that you might "lose" a couple of hours of playtime this one day. This is what gets me angry.

• Like Like x 4
  19. mkennaway

If time is that precious you probably wouldnt be pretending to drive a train at 2am in your bedroom. Nobody's losing anything, the content will come and most likely at some point today (the day they said it would)

....And I'm not being cheeky by saying that, I enjoy driving in TSW and just playing TSW in general just as much as everyone else, It's not life or death though.

• Like Like x 2
  20. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I think a lot of the upset is the fact that this has happened several times recently:

M3 - Could purchase but it wouldn't appear in game.
    TSW2 - Discount wasn't applied for some time.

And now this. If this was the first time I wouldn't be bothered, but it really does seem like a break down in communication between DTG and Microsoft.

Whilst it's not the end of the world, I only get chance to play TSW in the morning. I now won't get chance until tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  21. mclitke

Can't you play the existing routes though or is the game blocked by the whole update process right now?

22. LucasLCC

I can, but I was specifically looking forward to playing RSN or TVL again.

23. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

You can still play them in TSW2020, but booting that game up removes the digital licenses for the preserved collection in TSW2, and booting up TSW2 removes the licenses from the content that is preserved in TSW2020, honestly, it's a hot mess right now.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mclitke

OK understandable. I suppose you have already removed TSW2020?

25. LucasLCC

Yeah, using the original TSW isn't an option for Xbox players, as that causes all sorts of joy with ECW, HRR and PC...

26. LucasLCC

Yep, as they haven't fixed the issue of the games working in harmony. Booting up TSW2020 causes the licences for TSW2 to be lost, and vice versa. So didn't see the point in keeping it

• Like Like x 1
  27. mclitke

Right I remember seeing that bug on the roadmap. Very annoying I must admit

28. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Looks like DTG have fixed THEIR side of the issue. Now it's waiting on Microsoft to sort their side of things out. One of the problems of MS's headquarters being on the Pacific North Western coast.

29. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Microsoft's European headquarters are in Paris though.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Needs to be fixed asap. All I got was an update to TSW2020, which I think allows that game to stay installed alongside TSW2 now. However, the add-ons didn't get updates in TSW2020 to fix their conflict issues.

31. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Just because someone has nocturnal tendencies, does not resolve them of having any other responsibilities that may prevent them from having unlimited free time to role play being a train driver.

Now, where did I leave my cap, whistle, and Hi-Vis jacket...

• Like Like x 1
  32. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The Microsoft store is run by the American side of the business.

• Like Like x 1
  33. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Train Sim World 2® 2020-09-10 12-31-39.png

It's on Store since midnight but it's still for purchasing only. (and I already own every single TSW(1) content)
    This screen it was captured now, about 13 hours past the midnight.

I got a déjà vu :D

• Like Like x 1
  34. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Dude that's exactly what i was thinking and what I have done in fact, Dovetail said Thursday release and until midnight tonight (UK) it won't be late, so it just says most people don't have any patience in this world anymore, says alot about society if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  35. mkennaway

Oh I get that, I myself have been quite nocturnal of late as I have not long had surgery and still off work. My point was that the people working for DTG are working 8-5/6 whatever, so I wouldnt expect them to be sorting things in the early hours of the morning. 24 hours is a long time and they still have plenty of time to sort it whilst keeping it on schedule. I can also imagine dealing with MS store and fixing things quickly being abit of a nightmare for DTG!

• Like Like x 3
  36. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Hope it’s working finally soon after 13 hours left since Midnight

37. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

They've technically got another 11 hours to resolve the issue.

38. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Same problem here on Xbox one I own Long Island rail road and rhur sieg nord but it says I need it buy them on store and there not in manage game

39. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I've not even made it out of Tees Yard!

Red signal, contact signaller and get reply "No route available".

Real life parodying the virtual.

If you've played "Hellfire" haulage bashing simulation you'd believe Signal Failures were an everyday occurrence in the 1980's.

40. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Wouldn't this be a nice opportunity for a small 'compensation for unforseen unfortunate circumstances' - 50% off sale on xbox in the upcoming days when this trouble is solved...? ;) :D

• Like Like x 4
  41. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They hate the Xbox players I think, PlayStation got every dlc and Loco on sale and on the Xbox site is nothing for us.
    Sadly I left PlayStation for Forza on Xbox

• Like Like x 1
  42. Rush

Rush Member

They said in one of the more recent streams that they don’t have the ability to discount whenever they want on Xbox. It’s Xbox that contacts them to let them know of a sale that’ll be happening on the platform and asks DTG if they want to take part in it and what content they want to include in the sale

43. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Well

• Like Like x 1
  44. Rush

Rush Member

Thanks! Lol
    I knew it was said somewhere.

although it is curious that Xbox is currently having an ‘Add-Ons’ sale that started a few days ago and runs for another 5 days, at least here in the U.S. and no TSW content is a part of it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  45. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I'm starting to wonder, as the game isn't acknowledging the add-ons in the Manage Game section of the Xbox dashboard, whether a small title update was supposed to drop to enable them, which has either failed MS certification, so it's just not gone through as quickly as it should have.

Has anyone actually bought and downloaded a TSW 2 version of any of these add ons and got it working in the game?

46. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I was fully aware of that statement when I made my initial post. Yet windows can be opened at strange times... and besides, the extra discount for TSW2 during release days worked quite good as well ;)

That Add-On sale seems to be worldwide btw. Mainly DLCs for AAA games though... The upcoming integration of the former EA Access in GamePass seems more promising for me but that's a little OT :)

Back to topic: As there's still no official announcement of Preserved Collection 2 I'd also suggest we give them - both DTG and MS a bit of time. Even if it takes until the weekend to sort it out we will have forgotten this in about a week - like the postponed TSW2 release.

And last OT: I recently calculated how much more time I need in commuting to work because of traffic. It's about 50 hours a year in comparison to mostly free roads. If I'd be using train and bus instead it would be ~700 hours over the year... after that I learned to take some delays quite relaxing.

47. lukehostad

lukehostad New Member

My East Coastway automatically uninstalled... what is going on

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2020
  48. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It's a known bug, you can't have it installed in both game worlds. You need to pick where you want to play it until they fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  49. NicoHD

NicoHD Active Member

My complett game uninstallt !!

50. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I delete Peninsula Corridor on TSW 2020 so it’s working without problems in TSW 2 when you have played both games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.