Scenario Creator Weather?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sVig, Aug 21, 2020.

1. sVig

sVig Member

How do I create or play a scenario with specific weather conditions please? All I can seem to find is what time the journey starts during creating the scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sVig

sVig Member

Is this even possible?

3. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

Scenarios have set weather you can only change the weather in timetable mode

4. sVig

sVig Member

Yeah but what about scenario creator/editor mode. It's nonsensical if you can create a scenario on whichever route you want, with whichever loco you want, set passenger stops etc, set the start time, but not be able to set the weather conditions, especially as you can choose whatever conditions you want in timetable mode.

I'm creating the scenario myself in scenario creator/editor mode. Why on earth would we not be able to set the weather conditions when creating the scenario. It's baffling.

• Like Like x 2
  5. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

By accident I found out how to change the weather for scenarios, you can go into the menue travel per timesheet, set the weather conditions there apply it and then run your scenario. The weather settings will work there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Will give this a go. Want to drive my ICE 3 in the middle of the night with full on rain. :D

7. t.reizner35

Haha great! Sounds good, have fun! Maybe I'll try this too ;)

8. sVig

sVig Member

Ok cheers will try that. Where do I find this menu thing though lol?

• Like Like x 1
  9. t.reizner35

What do you mean? Where to change the weather? You go to main menue, explore, shedule and there you can change weather settings, then go back to your scenario and start it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sVig

sVig Member

Yeah I've sussed that out now, cheers. Still doesn't work 100% though.

I set the weather to winter and full snow coverage on Sand Patch Grade will full snow blizzard. The snow just fell as rain when I started my scenario in Sand Patch Grade and then all the snow covering just disappeared and it was as if it was just a clear spring day with green trees.

Tried it again without snowfall and it started up with full snow covering but even then the snow covering just vanished away and again it was as if it was just clear spring with green trees.

Something is either broken somewhere or it's just not been implemented. Who knows.

11. Teza

Teza Member

Yes iv been doing this, if you set to snow it just rains, it will work right on timetable mode
    but as you are going back, if you look at the screen when you hit back, it starts raining but the snow on the floor is still there
    think there needs to be a weather option like timetable mode, pls

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  12. t.reizner35

Yes I know I regocnized this too, winter is not gonna happen in scenarios :D

13. DruidsNectar

DruidsNectar Guest

Go to the Pause menu, and note the month in the main window. For me it's always April, hence the rapid snow melt. Yet another oversight.