PC What Does Gwe Need?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LordDistructorss91, Nov 29, 2017.

1. LordDistructorss91

LordDistructorss91 Member

what does GWE need?
    1-Electric traction models
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2-Access to the engine compartment of some locomotives
    3-Missions where there is danger and danger, machines on the rails, people on the rails, where a driver and forced to stand off the car and help
    4-Correct Errors Urgently
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. LordDistructorss91

LordDistructorss91 Member

AAA Optimization For gtx 980

3. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Thanks for the feedback LordDistructors.
    • We'd love to see the Class 800 in game eventually, so we're definitely not going to rule that one out!
    • Heard a lot of feedback requesting engine room accessibility! No promises on that front, but that's something we'd like to work towards a bit further down the line.
    • Great ideas, made note and passed over to the relevant guys.
    • We're aware of these issues and working on them :)
    - Jay

• Like Like x 3
  4. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

length - currently It feels off, like the 43 doesnt go anywhere. I dont know to explain it but I guess I dont feel immersed as Im not really going that far? - its a odd feeling.

5. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Personally I don't believe the engine room of the HST or the Class 66 need to be modeled. There is nothing for the driver to do in there as they operate everything from the cab. Modeling the room and, more specifically, modeling the engine just to look at the thing is a waste of resources. Not just for the developers, in terms of time, but for the game as well.

How many times are people going to go in there, just to do nothing?

• Like Like x 4
  6. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I do not understand the constant asking for the engine room either. Really seems like the kind of thing that even the people who ask over and over for it, saying that it’s the one huge thing GWE is missing, would still only touch once despite thinking it is “the most important thing evarrr!!1!!1!1!!”

• Like Like x 3
  7. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

If you're going to make the engine rooms accessible, will you make the toilets accessible as well? And please make the flush button work ;)

In all seriousness, I can live without those features on the trains. They'll rarely be used and expensive developer resources could better be spent elsewhere - like fixing bugs for example ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

It's probably more the graphics people rather than the coders working on these. The graphics people should be working on optimising graphics performance without reducing the amount of graphics detail which currently seems to be their one and only method.

9. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Toilets, engine rooms and so on are a nice and funny features which may bring a smile on your face once, but the second or third time you just note it and after a couple of times you just ignore them and do not use them at all. Those features are nice gadgets when the developer doesn't need to fix bugs, work on updates, make plans about the development in the future... But with the current situation, I think that toilets and engine rooms are a quite unimportant thing on the very long list of things to do. Especially, DTG should concentrate on bug fixes, that's what TSW really needs now. That's what I think.;)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

TSW mini game; toilet simulator. Try and not get any on the floor while travelling at 125mph.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Requires working head-bobbing though ;) (or anything-bobbing for that matter)

12. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Also requires liquid related physics.

13. pschlik

14. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Very funny (and sad at once) that DTG replies and discusses about TOILETS instead of thinking, what necessary things they could do (bugfixes, new future projects,...).:|

15. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

16. pschlik

Yes that was a joke. DTG is not likely to respond to this (or anything else for that matter) but if they did, that would probably be the response.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Karl456

Karl456 Member

Okay, mistake of my one. :( Sorry guys, I destroyed your joke. Of course DTG won't answer to such things, how could I think they would? Quite stupid of me.:|