Categorisation Of Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by byeo, Sep 10, 2020.

?
  1. Yes

97.4%
  2. No

2.6%
  1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I really think this is something they should add eventually. The home page just doesn’t look right having a list of routes to select. It would be nice if we had a list of flags for every country’s routes we own. A user would then click whichever flag they’re wanting to drive a route from (UK for example), then once you click the flag, it’ll list every route you own from that country. If you want a route from another country you just click back and it’ll take you back to the list of flags.

Categorisation of routes would be much better than what we’ve currently got.

• Like Like x 11
  2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with this. What I disliked about the route select in 2020 was that it went newest to oldest and took did not take into account your most played routes. Meaning that I had MSB on the main screen while I had to scroll along for some routes I played much more. This is not yet a problem in TSW2 for me but when more and more start being produced it'll probably need ordering into countries.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Love this idea.

4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I thought of something like that as well. Maybe just adding the flags next to the name and sorting them by country would already help.

5. argyle_smurf

argyle_smurf Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's going to need something to sort them by soon, it already needs scrolling. By country would be an easy way of sorting them

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Putting them in categories is an excellent idea. It could be a selectable option if they think some people would prefer the current scrolling list*. We’ve only gone from a list maximum of 4 in TSW to a list maximum of 7 in TSW2 before scrolling is needed though. Most players have more routes than that already and not all of the preserved content is even available yet, so having categories is looking more like a necessity with every update and with every subsequent route we buy.

*Some sort of choice of the order the routes appear in the list would also be good. Release order is not an order many would choose if they had a choice but that’s the only order we can have. One big long list in release order. There has to be a better way. I want my favourite routes at the top.

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Yes would like the routes to be categorised by country would be simpler.

8. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Great idea! That would be helpful!

9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Instead of categories, I think some kind of filter system would be better. Or a search box. You know, kinda like good old Train Simulator has.

EDIT: And sorting options would be nice too.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

I'd sooner just have the list as it is than introduce more button clicking and certainly any kind of filtering or going through search boxes, before getting to the game. For console users I think at best, spread the options more across the screen but I'm not fussed about flags or icons, I know fairly well what I want when I open the game, I don't need to have things hidden away behind categories for the sake of a menu screen looking a little cleaner.

11. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Exactly why I personally only would like the flags next to the route and maybe sortet by country. The scrolling does not bother me but my 2 points above should make it easier to find what you are looking for without having to code a whole new menu

12. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Flags or icons might make things more quickly recognizable though. In TSW1 each of the routes had their own little picture. In TSW2 all they have is a name. Personally I find it a little harder to find a specific route now. I think it's a step back from TSW1.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the player could choose a default sorting, like by country, most played, newest to oldest, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Your most recent/played route should be at the top.

Then it would sort something like: US Routes, UK Routes, German Routes, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Scenario lists and timetable have a search function at the top of the page. This should be possible for routes as well. But it may be good to combine the possibility to choose your own order with a search function and maybe few filters like country and route type might be nice.

• Like Like x 1