Today's Update And Lighting

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cloadmcally, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

Hi all,

So today I installed the new update, along with the preserved collection routes. I decided to give the 5.40 am run from Hagen to Finnentrop a go. To my surprise, I saw a gorgeous scene: the station was dark, enveloped in a slight mist, the train was pitch black, and remained so, no weird glowing effect, only the passenger lights and headlights broke the darkness of the night, lighting the heavy rain in front of me.

I had never seen Ruhr Sieg Nord look that good, and frankly no route in tsw/tsw2 had looked like that, so i dug around and found the posts detailing the "proper night lighting fix" found by some users. Might it be that DTG fixed the lighting once and for all, or was it just the "nostalgia" of not having played that particular route in a while?

Let me know if I have to schedule a therapy session. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

No, you dont need a therapy session. I also can confirm that RSN looks by far better. Especially the shadows of the mountains give the whole scenic route a more realistic touch. Also the lighting into the loco cabs is better now, especially with the 155.

• Like Like x 4
  3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The said thread you mentioned would be the thread I made.

From my experience it seems to only work on the Bakerloo Line and the new German route, if you select autumn mist at around 05:00-07:00 hours. Though it sounds like it has worked on certain routes in this ‘second wave’ of preserved routes.

So it seems it’ll work on some routes, but not on others.

Outside of early morning, going from evening to night/midnight, I believe the night lighting is still utterly broken. Unless someone can confirm otherwise if this has been fixed.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

I'm also in love with that route, the only thing that is breaking that kind of annoying ( on ps4) the shadows are like 30 meter in front so beyond that there is light.

5. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

When RSN looks like that how will MSB be? :)

I'm so happy I got my freight services back

• Like Like x 3
  6. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Me too.

7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I haven’t played RSN yet on the preserved collection. It was a favourite route of mine so I’m excited to hear this feedback.

• Like Like x 1