Tsw 2020 - Peninsula Corridor Comments

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Md234774, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Md234774

Md234774 Member

How are the coach lights and air conditioning turned controlled in the Galley Cars? I saw another post stating that they might be controlled through HEP function, is this correct? Also, does CALTrain use any sort of in cab signaling system? Thought that would also be simulated, what about about the Bombardier Bi-levels...this would be a great addition as well!

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes, HEP. No cab signals. The F40PH only has an Alerter.

3. Md234774

Md234774 Member

Thanks!

4. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Haven't seen any posts yet about this, so here goes: The headlights seem to work well on the cab car, but not on the F40PH. Aside from those little issues, really enjoying the new route. Also, it's really easy to command the F40PH to shut down via the throttle, in either the F40PH or the cab car. In the F40, restarting is easy (Press "Z"). In the cab car, I haven't yet found a way of restarting the F40. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, in regards to the scoring system: I really like how it describes exactly how many points are allocated for an action. However, if you're kissing a speed limit (50 in a 50), it registers you as overspeed, probably because you're doing 50.2 in a 50.0. Not a dealbreaker by any stretch, but would it be possible to change the score to n + 1 to register as over speed, where n is either km/hr or m/hr? That way, you only register as overspeed at 51. As you can't view any decimal speeds over 10, this makes it a little difficult. Again, just an extremely minor point.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  5. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Realistically, you should be staying 5-10mph under the speed limit anyway. IRL drivers do not kiss the speed limit as they need to leave a margin for error....so I think it should stay as is to encourage more realistic driving habits

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Not usually, especially in the US. Usually we run as fast as we're allowed (speed limit) and occasionally "slightly" above it. Most tracks are actually constructed to allow trains to go about 5-10 mph over before derailing. I also may or may not have been on some trains edging above the limit.

7. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

Trains in the US do not operate that far below the speed limit. Most professional engineers can maintain within 2mph of track speed.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

If I keep below the speed limit I tend to miss the set arrival times.
    Does anyone have an opinion on the accuracy and achievability of the timetable?

9. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

First off, just for the record I want to state that I am not a fan of the career scenarios as they are “scored” in TS201X. I feel they teach poor safety and driving habits to just get a score.

With that bias, I was very concerned when I heard TSW was adding Action Points with medals fearing the simulation would degenerate to an arcade “run and gun” game play like so many of the TS201X career scenarios have.

So was pleasantly surprised after running a few scenarios with Action points that they actual seem to favor safe operations over being spot on for schedule. You get less than maximum points for a stop if late, and also less than maximum if early, but not scenario ending point loss. Same on speed, you get maximum point if at or below the posted track speed, a few less than maximum for the section if over the speed by 1 or 2 mph or kph and no points for gross overage.

My test was to drive like I always do, trying to follow the posted speeds favoring a mile or two below the max track speed arriving when those speeds allowed.Even though I didn’t receive max points for the stop, the overall score still granted a gold medal for whatever that is worth.

Seeing these results, I feel the Action Points are trying to promote proper driving techniques while giving those who want rating feedback a method to do so. My only concern was over a run with ATC enabled on a LIRR run. Several sections have signal speeds well below the track speed resulting in being several minutes late for your stops. The penalty for being that late was substantial resulting in a bronze medal, so if you follow the proper signals, you are penalized for schedule. The Action Points need to take into account signal speed and not track speed for arrival times.

• Like Like x 6
  10. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

Thats because you are supposed to run at the speed limit. I hit every single station on time last night on a southbound train.

11. tloic16

tloic16 New Member

hello tsw 2020 dlc peninsula corridor a bug 2 train stopped red light. "143 San Jose Diridon - San Francisco"
    but San Francisco 2 train red light forgets you repair updates next please thank you

12. tloic16

tloic16 New Member

I forgot the photo for bug 2 train since 1 et 5 mille San Francisco
    Driver of the Bi-Level pilot car
    "143 San Jose Diridon - San Francisco"

Attached Files:

13. tloic16

tloic16 New Member

also Driver of the MP16DC "Extra 04 - Edv towards the on part 1" from red light bug. I wait 1 hour not normal no red light bug