Taurus (br182) Lzb And Ic Coaches

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FD1003, Sep 7, 2020.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

As we know the mighty Taurus is a versatile machine, used not only on the Leipzig S-Bahn and in Main Spessart Freights, but also used for medium speed IC and EC services across europe.

One of the train she pulls along is a Nightjet which just happens to run on the Köln-aachen

Screenshot_20200907-093213_DB Navigator.jpg

maxresdefault (15).jpg

I don't know how you guys coded the LZB, but would it be possible to add it to the Taurus?

At least, since I sincerely hope you'll bring some IC coaches with the BR101, it would be awesome to use those coaches on the Taurus (if we don't get the option to create our own consists by then) the OBB and Nightjet livery could be created by the community if it a waste of resources for only 1 route... but guys I know you have a team specifically dedicated to bring old DLC to new standards and in my humble opion the BR182 should be one of the top priorities given how flexible and how largely is used it is... freights, local, ICs whatever the Taurus is there. But it needs LZB.

I guess the Taurus and the BR101 could complement each other perfectly...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I am hoping that they update the Class 182 with the Hamburg - Lübeck Route so that it has LZB. It would be a great addition if we could see them both running with the IC services.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

I fully support that. And before they get to Köln and Aachen they start in Wien and also go via München-Augsburg. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    This would make a fine DLC for not one but two routes.

Edit:
    Okay, so I couldn't find a night train for that route (while I'm still sure that they used to go here, too).
    But the same loco is used for a Railjet that does go here.
    rj.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. suhler

suhler Member

LZB should not only be added to the Taurus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Edit: sorry I didn't understand your message, yes I agree, although the Taurus will the the most affected since the Taurus uses LZB to actually run IC services, while other rolling stock use LZB merely as a kind of ATC to increase traffic in a particular line.

I am going to be very disappointed if we don't get LZB

6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

There we go guys it's not happening... "the Br182 is a TSW loco and will be used exclusively on TSW routes and we can't except it to be upgraded to TSW2 standards" which TBH even if I'm a bit disappointed it's fair enough

Asked for it during Matt's stream [12/09]

7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

But wouldn't that mean that locos which are going to be used on TSW2 routes will get the upgrade, even if maybe not right away? BR146 and the S-Bahn trains will be running on Köln - Aachen right?

Oh and the Taurus is on the Roadmap with MRCE livery on the Hamburg - Lübeck line, so even if the DB one maybe does not get the upgrade, the new one will most liekly have.

8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes, the old trains are old trains. Period, the 146 will run on Köln-aachen but without LZB, as are the EMUs.

9. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

That is why I am hoping the Class 182 MRCE coming with Hamburg - Lübeck has LZB, so then we can use it over 160kmh.

• Like Like x 1