Milwaukee Road Hiawatha Route From Chicago Usa To The Twin Cities Usa

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by trainboyerik, Sep 7, 2020.

1. trainboyerik

trainboyerik Member

we need to have the route that the Milwaukee Roads Hiawatha ran on for a route![​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

The Hiawatha sounds great. I'd love great versions of the MR A-Class Atlantic, F-7 Hudson, and S-3 4-8-4. Diesels could include an FM Erie-Built or F7 set, and a GP7 or GP9. An FP45 could be another diesel choice. An Alco or FM diesel or SD40 could be used for freight services. I really would love to see a passenger view in the observation car. That would make the consist great. Perhaps we could also get one of the Milwaukee Road's famous full domes with an interior view. The scenery viewed from those windows would be breathtaking.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. andrew.umlauft1

andrew.umlauft1 Member

i say do it. Milwaukee road had an encredible amount of traffic from both freight and passenger traffic. I would like to add the racine branch from the old racine and southwestern for extra switching opportunities for the locals.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

My only concern for the Milwaukee Road would be BNSF licensing, which through BN I think they own it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I don't think so, as it looks like the SOO Line was the one who ended up with the property (With some part going to the CNW), So the licensing I think would go thru Canadian Pacific, not BNSF.

Per Wiki.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Uncle Chuckles

Uncle Chuckles Member

If theres enough trackage included that would need BNSF power, they could just do what they did with Raton, Racetrack and Hi-Line and go unbranded BNSF units. (Better than nothing, plus the community can just make patches to add em in line they've done before)

• Like Like x 1
  8. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Ah, interesting, I had always assumed BN had absorbed MILW. An error on my part.

• Like Like x 1
  9. andrew.umlauft1

andrew.umlauft1 Member

The milwaukee road became part of the soo line in 1985. I have no issues doing the soo line because of the bandits.

10. andoprime87

andoprime87 Member

You could easily do a Milwaukee route over Snoqualmie Pass in Washington State. It's currently a trail, so nobody owns it. No BNSF licensing required. Also it's genuinely beautiful. All the old bridges are still standing and the views are breath-taking. It's like Stevens Pass on steroids.

• Like Like x 1
  11. andrew.umlauft1

andrew.umlauft1 Member

how about ST
    st. paul pass is also breathtaking.

• Like Like x 1
  12. trainboyerik

trainboyerik Member

yes, I agree I want this to be made instead of me just dreaming about it for much longer!

• Like Like x 1
  13. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

The Milwaukee Road was purchased by SOO which later became a part of Canadian Pacific, so the licensing required would be CP, not BNSF.

• Like Like x 1
  14. trainboyerik

trainboyerik Member

that is not as bad as having us people can only buy route is the CP licensing!