The Use Of Preserved Collection Trains In Livery Editor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack.a.varley04, Sep 6, 2020.

1. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

I think that many have wanted this for a bit now preserved collection trains in the livery designer would be amazing.
    It must be possible as all they have to do is create a primer state for each train to give this ability

• Like Like x 8
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

This would be a fantastic element to add to the game. It is already awesome that they decided to include them on scenario creator and this would be superb. Let's see what happens next.

• Like Like x 3
  3. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

I have to many livery ideas lol I'm just thinking freightliner class 66 lner class 43 ect

• Like Like x 1
  4. proluigigamer01

proluigigamer01 Active Member

I want a cuomo m7 FTW

5. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

In the streams, they’ve said it would be hard to do, but if I remember correctly, they also hinted at implementing it in the future. I would love to see it though, and I have a few ideas in case it comes.

6. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Not really hard to do, just a LOT of work. And honestly, I'm sorry, but I myself am not very big on the Livery Editor in general. I think it's wasted ressources.

7. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

To be fair, they seem to be already planning on adding a fair few of the preserved locos and units for TSW2 new DLC:
    Class 182 and the Doppelstockwagen sets are being added to the Hamburg - Lübeck Route,
    Class 375 is being added to HS1 (I know they aren’t the same as the 377s, but they never the less look pretty similar...)
    They are adding the Class 423 to München to Augsburg.
    So it’s not like you won’t be able to edit the liveries of some of the preserved stuff, just they will be upgraded to TSW2 standards, and I am sure that they will be adding more and more of the reworked preserved locomotives etc.

8. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

I'm all for bringing the "old" stock to newer and different routes. But making them fit to function there doesn't mean that they will be fully upgraded. Far from it. And what has adding additional services with preserved stock to do with making this stock work in livery designer? I see no connection.

9. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I would love to see this added. I would have so much fun on my all time favorite route, the Peninsula Corridor. There’s a lot you could do on that route.