PlayStation Tees Valley Line - Signalling Failures And Derailed/head-on Trains

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by midlandsignaller, Sep 11, 2020.

1. midlandsignaller

midlandsignaller Member

Hi,

I was playing on the Tees Valley Line on TWS2 after the release and set up to spawn on foot at Darlington just before the first Class 31 hauled DMU set of the day. I got everything setup and was driving along and everything going normally when passing Tees Yard I started to get adverse signals until I was stoped at a signal at Danger. I had a look on the map and there was a DMU in the next Signal Section also stoped at a Signal at Danger, so looked further on when I saw that there was a freight train just past Middlesborough Station that was stoped because there was another freight train that had been routed into the path of the other, so they were head to head. I decided to do a restart to see if that might sort it out but the same happened apart from this time one of the freight trains had derailed and blocked the other line where the other freight train was.

I would appreciate it the team could have a look.

Thank You.

• Like Like x 2
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As well as some scenarios, I think the timetable on TVL was also compromised with the update prior to the Class 20 loco DLC release (the very last release of TSW2020). I can well imagine there are many more services that can’t be completed.

A fix for the Cement Circle scenario is on the roadmap so maybe they can investigate what else is broken, either by the Class 20 thing or the upgrade to TSW2. The whole thing of trains not knowing whether they are coming or going on TVL is showing up all kinds of issues.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I've just done this run and have had no issues. The only difference is I selected the service from the menu as opposed to starting on foot.

The only oddity I noticed was that it wanted you to depart immediately as opposed to opening the doors at Darlington...

• Like Like x 1
  4. midlandsignaller

midlandsignaller Member

5. midlandsignaller

midlandsignaller Member

I tried again today but same thing happened, I have included screenshots of my Class 31 hauled DMU set at the Red Signal and the two Freight Trains head to head.

6. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

To allow me to recreate, what time did you start on foot?

7. midlandsignaller

midlandsignaller Member

I started at 07:25 at Darlington. Setup the loco and DMU and then departed.