Tsw 2 Lirr Custom Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by subwayvaughn, Sep 14, 2020.

1. subwayvaughn

subwayvaughn Active Member

One of the features that I really like about TSW 2 is the Scenario Planner. When I first played the LIRR on TSW 2020, I felt it needed more life in regards to the amount of rail traffic. The Scenario Planner not only allows for adding trains to a route but also allows adding a wide variety of starting and ending stations.
    Here is a short video clip of LIRR (M3) running from Jamaica to Long Island City, which is a service that none of the standard timetables have. Hopefully a day will come when sharing reskins and scenarios is possible.

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah also I'm hoping for more start/end locations and wayspoints. Like there is just one or two tracks available for every station, even if they have more. On Penn Station for example you can only use 2 tracks for starting/ending, even though it has like 20 tracks. Pretty silly.

Hopefully they gave us the ability to use all tracks for all stations, also to access the sidings would also be good to make runs from depos or even freight runs. There are a few freight sidings along the line, after all.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I know I am on the wrong platform(ps4 user) but I’m looking forward to buy TSW 2 as LIRR is my favorite route despite the route having lack of a.i. traffic. However, scenario planner will fix that for sure once I get the game. With scenario planner, can I set up a service from West Side Yard instead of Penn? Can I start a service from Penn and use the middle express tracks between Woodside Station and Jamaica Station and vice versa? I haven’t touch LIRR in like forever and I can’t remember ever using the express tracks in timetable besides Suburban Sunset scenario I think. I don’t have the M3 but will get it at some point.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  4. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I can answer that as far what I saw for LIRR Scenario planner..first off no yards used in the game its jus as for any other DLC one point(start of station) to the end station(whichever u decide)...second only two tracks are used in that planner as far as Penn Station goes(track 18 only to Hicksville and 20 to Henpstead) departing and returning its track 19(from Hicksville) and 21 from Hempstead....third the express tracks are NOT used between Woodside and Jamaica...also not even Penn Station tracks 14-17 are used...which leads that the east river tunnels(mostly used by Amtrak and some LIrr trains) are not available.....now Jamaica on the other hand Track 2,3,and 4 are used but not for like any train jus the ones assigned same with tracks 6,7,and 8....also even the express tracks between Jamaica and Queens Village are not used.....and they dont even use Belmont Park as part of the planner

• Helpful Helpful x 1