[poll] Tsw2 - Uk Mainlines

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jamieess, Sep 12, 2020.

?
  1. East Coast Mainline

45.6%
  2. West Coast Mainline

30.9%
  3. Great Eastern Mainline

10.3%
  4. Great Western Mainline

25.0%
  5. Midland Mainline

17.6%
  6. Southwestern Mainline

22.1%
  7. South Wales Mainline

13.2%
  8. Cross Country

4.4%
  9. High Speed One

10.3%
  10. High Speed Two

7.4%
  11. Brighton Mainline

19.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jamieess

jamieess New Member

If DTG were to make another UK mainline route obviously with a size deduction, which would you choose and why?

Below I will list information of the routes including the rolling stock that currently run on the route by linking the Wikipedia page

East Coast Mainline: London - Leeds - York - Newcastle - Edinburgh
    Rolling Stock: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coast_Main_Line#Rolling_stock

West Coast Mainline: London - Glasgow via Birmingham - Liverpool - Manchester - Holyhead - Edinburgh
    Rolling Stock: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Coast_Main_Line#Rolling_stock

Great Eastern Mainline: London - Ipswich - Norwich
    Rolling Stock: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Eastern_Main_Line#Rolling_stock

Great Western Mainline: London - Bristol - South Wales - Cornwall
    Rolling Stock: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Western_main_line#Rolling_stock

Midland Mainline: London - Leicester - Nottingham - Sheffield - Leeds
    Rolling Stock: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Midlands_Railway#Rolling_stock

Southwestern Mainline: London - Southampton - Bournemouth - Weymouth
    Rolling Stock: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_West_Trains#Rolling_stock

South Wales Mainline: Bristol - Swansea via Cardiff
    Rolling Stock: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_for_Wales_Rail_Services#Current_fleet (Plus GWR High Speed Services)

Cross Country - Aberdeen - York - Leeds - Sheffield - Birmingham - Bristol - Southampton - Penzance
    Rolling Stock: Class 220/221 and Class 43 with Electric Doors

High Speed One - London - Ebbsfleet - Ashford - Europe
    Rolling Stock: Eurostar - Class 373 and Class 374 - South Eastern High Speed - Class 395

High Speed Two - London - Birmingham - Manchester - Leeds - North
    Rolling Stock: TBD - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Speed_2#Rolling_stock

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Would have said Brighton Mainline, but it’s not on there.
    Cornwall would be incredible as I really would like a Class 57 for Sleepers and Railtours and the Branchlines mixed with the Mainline.

3. jamieess

jamieess New Member

Just added it now, but I agree the Cornish countryside would be incredible in a game like this whether it's in a high speed train or a sprinter :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Yep. I agree. If I had to choose the starting Trains that comes with the route, I would suggest a Colas Class 70, GWR Class 150, and a Cross Country HST.
    DLC could be a Class 57, a Class 800 and a Class 59 or Class 66 (With an upgraded Horn!)

5. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I like both Brighton and South Western mainlines with variety of traffic on them. I couldn't place my third vote of the Chiltern Mainline via High Wycombe as it wasn't included.

6. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Cornish Main Line must get included

• Like Like x 1
  7. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

HS1 Extension to Dover aswell as adding the Eurostar and EMR Class 222 and Class 43 to Corby,Sheffield and Nottingham plus the full route from Kings X to Edinburgh Waverley and CrossCountry Penzance to Glasgow Central cause why the hell not.

8. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

9. Horizon

Horizon Member

East Coast Mainline would be the best choice for me personally. I feel like York should be in the game for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

GEML and WCML (with the rest of Manchester) as I grew up near the GEML and currently live in Manchester. Basically I just want to see more stuff I recognise.

Also, anything with Toton could be fun.

11. jamieess

jamieess New Member

It would be nice to see a route such as York to Newcastle, which includes three large grand stations - York, Darlington, Newcastle plus more local stations - Thirsk, Northallerton, Durham, Chester-Le-Street. Would be an interesting route with quite a few operators.

12. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

East coast mainline is where it all began darlo ect stepenson ect,to pay homage is good

13. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

WCML any of it North of Preston in the early Privatised era with (eventually) class 86/87/90/47/HST plus all the freight and local stuff :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

West Coast Mainline, Crewe to Liverpool section. Perfect length for TSW2. Any era would do but modern is most likely with the Class 390 Pendolino. Obviously the Virgin era is out of the question. Prior to the Virgin days, Liverpool Lime Street had more character, post Virgin it’s a bit shinier, but always a fantastic terminus for any journey.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I was at Lime Street only last week, a beautiful station for sure and lots of interesting trains to choose from

Plus Tuebrook is just up the line so would be good for Freight operations too

• Like Like x 1
  16. jamieess

jamieess New Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if they add part of the WCML that is included with Train Simulator 2020. I’m not an expert but surely this would mean that all they have to do is update the graphics etc

17. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They would have to build it from scratch as TSW and TS use completely different game engines and code. They can’t import from one to the other, it doesn’t work like that.

18. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

Well that just shut this thread down.oh all knowing one,can we just pretend dtg might do a scratch build for us?thank you all knowing one.

19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m not saying they wouldn’t do it, because they have all the research etc. to build from, but that none of the TS route code could be used (as a reply to someone saying that maybe just the graphics need updating).

The thread is very much still alive and also anyone who thought that TSW routes were a copy and paste of TS routes with nicer graphics is also more enlightened. I’m helpful like that. This is a very good thread, don’t spoil it.

There is a good chance that over the next few years that everything on the list (a section of every UK mainline) will be made for TSW2 by DTG and third party route builders. It’s nice to see everyone’s preferences.

• Like Like x 3
  20. jamieess

jamieess New Member

I'm not sure what I'd rather have, a complete mainline or every mainline but in sections, tough choice.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the East Coast Main Line in the 60s and 70s with a Class 55 Deltic and a few other diesels.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jamieess

jamieess New Member

70's/ 80's would make sense seeing as Darlington station is already modelled for this era

• Like Like x 1