PC Game Details

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rwaday, Dec 27, 2017.

1. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

20171226192252_1.jpg Since the last update the all images are degraded. I was a huge fanboy when this came out. But I have watched as you nibbled away the detail.This is becoming a sorry state. Keep degrading things to improve frame rates will kill this game. DTG you are going the wrong way. In some respects I see improvements but in detail you have taken away so much. You are going backwards. I am so done with this as a game. I will be back in a year to see the progress. I have extreme buyers remorse.
    Look at the gloves and vest.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I can't really say I blame you. I struggle with this as I really do enjoy the game and want to be able to support it and the people behind it. I'll still be sticking around holding out hope for more improvements and more content.

3. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

I am back to TS2018. Old game but I know the limitations and nobody is taking away anything. It is what it is, wont get better or worse.

4. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

I understand what you're getting at, I'm not a fun of this "optimization" technique either. But in this case it looks more like something got accidentally borked in that last detail level for this texture (not sure how LOD analog for textures is called). It is broken for me too, but other characters are fine

upload_2017-12-27_9-48-24.png

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  5. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Agree, Dtg isnt supposed to improve the fps by decrasing the overall quality, no devs should ever do that.
    Havent played Train sim world Csx in month and when i started it again it looked so much worse and incredibly bright.
    People who dont own a good pc should be able to decide the details in the settings, same with the ones who have a good pc and can afford it to play this game on ultra. Im ready to loose the 10fps ive gained from all those "performance improvements" to be able to play this game in actual high detail like how it looked about 4-5 months ago.

6. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

All DTG would say is that 'people expect 60 fps' so they have to 'make sacrifices' on details until these 'SimuGraph threading optimizations' get done. Almost a year, and graphics are still being forcibly reduced to make up for crappy physics optimization that isn't getting improved because new DLC are more important.

Irony of that junk is that all they have done is make performance inconsistent. Less situations will be GPU bottlenecks, which just makes all the CPU bottleneck situations more obvious.

• Like Like x 2