East Coastway Extension To Ore

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SimuDan, Aug 22, 2020.

1. SimuDan

SimuDan New Member

I would love to see an extension for the East Coastway route that extends off of the Hampden park junction and continues on to Ore (or perhaps even all the way to Ashford International with the addition of the 2 car DMU stock). It would make for some interesting play at Eastbourne where the player would have to turn back the train in order to proceed for the rest of the route. Might also enable some coupling/uncoupling play at Eastbourne as well where 2 trains sometimes join to become one and vice versa.

• Like Like x 18
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I would love to see the extension to Hayward’s Heath from both Lewes and Brighton. That would allow more train movement and more interesting moves

• Like Like x 5
  3. no123

no123 Member

I would like to go to the destinations mentioned on the 377.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd like to see an extension to Ashford which is around 42 miles, this to me would complete that whole route so it doesn't feel as though anything is missing. This would also include the 2 and 3 car class 171 DMUs between Eastbourne and Ashford.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

171s are 2 and 4 car, not 3. 377s can be 3 car /3

• Like Like x 2
  6. Northerner

Oh yeah sorry, got mixed up with the 170s.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It would be very welcome to get this extension. East Coastway has a lot of love from the community so to see it extended would be lovely to see. The more time on that route and the more things to see and do, the better. Getting the Class 313 is a very welcome DLC for me, so hopefully, once we have quite a range of new routes, this extension can be considered.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Rail Runner

It would mean that the Class 73 could go to St Leonard’s Engineering....
    Imagine that! Going backwards and forwards between Lovers Walk and Lewes Platform 1&2 to St Leonard’s throughout the day!
    I would chose nothing else I don’t think.

• Like Like x 3
  9. BMW M3 GTR 2005

BMW M3 GTR 2005 Member

That would be a wonderful idea, seeing as I live in Hastings, this might be a bit biased. But I can imagine driving an Electrostar to Eastbourne and swapping to a Turbostar to complete the journey to Ashford. Mind you, it can also incorporate the Class 375 and 395 when they release

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rail Runner

I wouldn’t mind seeing a MPV or a Tamper. They are used frequently for driver training and actual runs back and forth for maintenance etc.

11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

As this dlc has made the most money in tsw. I think this would be a fantastic idea. The route being short doesn't make it complete so I wish we can go to hastings ore and even asford intertantional to make it complete. DTG may not be doing it now but hopefully in the future they can

12. Northerner

An extension to Ashford, including the 171, would be an instant buy for me. East Coastway is by far my favourite route, so anything yo make it more interesting would be great.
    It's also good to see that the class 313 is now in production, which I'm really looking forward to, so hopefully it's not too far away.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rail Runner

I’m local to Lewes so it’s fantastic to see. Can’t wait for the 313s. Im probably gonna be the first to make 201 in Blue and Grey haha

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

i can't wait for the 313s