PlayStation Roadmap Stream 15/09/2020

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I feel like I’ve been a bit moany lately raising lots of issues in the technical reports section and banging on about having a list of bugs. I do want to stress though that that is due to a strong desire to have TSW 2 run, sound and play brilliantly and not negativity for the sake of being negative.

Watching the live stream tonight, I did get a real sense that the reports we are making on the forums are being read and more importantly recognised. Having heard Adam’s viewpoint, why a list of known issues might prove to be counterproductive, it came across loud and clear that the number of people reporting the same issue is extremely valuable and that having a publicly available list may dissuade people from reporting the same issue. It made perfect sense that a lack of reports would then complicate things by raising the possibility an issue isn’t a problem but someone (a single person, or maybe a couple) doing something wrong or misunderstanding how something is meant to work. That has made me reconsider the need for a list of known bugs, though hand on heart, I still think some way of letting the community know it’s a known issue would reassure the community they’ve been heard.

I really enjoyed the stream tonight. Not having Sam try and drive a train, read the chat and answer questions was refreshing and it was good to see Adam being more talkative and getting his points across too.

Thank you :)

• Like Like x 7
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I also get the impression that this whole TSW project is slowly drifting in the right direction.

EDIT

I come back to the game on various occasions, after longer or shorter breaks - now it evokes more than usual emotions. Sometimes it's frustration, but there are many good ones too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve been blowing hot and cold lately with regards to quality and my enjoyment of being a DTG customer and I often forget exactly how much work is going on with TSW2 at the moment. With the preserved collection being brought in so early in the new game’s life there is a massive amount to go wrong and we have seen a lot of new bugs and been reminded of some old bugs while we’re still evaluating the new features and getting to grips with it all. It’s sometimes hard to notice or appreciate what is good and what is great with all those issues getting in the way.

Seeing the roadmap and watching the stream tonight has grounded me again and I’m feeling better about more or less everything. As four or more issues that I have raised on the forum (not alone in most cases) are on the roadmap to be looked at and more of the general criticisms I have voiced (along with other people) were talked about in the stream as thing that should be improved, I definitely feel like I am being listened to personally.

There was a long wait before TSW2 came out and a lot of expectation built up. I didn’t particularly like some aspects of the Class 20 that came out as a last release for TSW2020 and that had already coloured my feelings. I have been clinging on to TSW throughout the current pandemic as everything in life is different now, so maybe I’ve had too much riding on it. The guys at DTG have been doing all of this under the same conditions and we’ve all been on a rollercoaster from that first ‘everything seems like bad news’ live stream after the TSW2 announcement, to later promises that things have changed for the better, then fearing that they haven’t. I’ve been up and down a lot during that time but it changed with today’s roadmap which has been a massive up, because it looks like those promises were real. I read so much that I wanted to read but never expected to see so soon. The time I’ve taken writing about issues on the forum has been worth it, when I was feeling at times, even earlier today, that it might be pointless.

That eloquent reason for not having a bugs list was just something I hadn’t thought about. Just having the bugs being worked on appearing on the roadmap is going to be a great thing for everyone going forwards. Having roadmap focused streams to tell us what else is being thought about and what feedback has been received adds a little more clarity and hope too. It’s been a good day, and I didn’t even get time to play TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  4. BigH

BigH Active Member

One of the best streams from DTG in terms of customer information. Some of the insights Adam gave, e.g. sound handling in the new UE, and Sam´s comments about the importance of a manual, told me, that they are on the right track and we have to be a bit more patient. Apart from that everything has been said, better than i can, before me.

• Like Like x 5