Driver's Camera Or External Camera?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 931105799, Sep 16, 2020.

?
  1. Driver's view

29 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. External view

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Combined both

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. 931105799

931105799 New Member

Hello friends, it would be interesting to know what camera will you use when driving? Some times I will use internal driver's view, for example, the Bakerloo Line to get a more dynamic driving experience. However, some times I will use external views, especially in locos when the sound was not well heard, engine sound and horn, such as some German EMU, and LIRR locos. Would you share your point as well? Cheers!

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I'll always use the cab view, as that gives me the actual driving feeling. Sometimes I'll switch to external just to admire the train once in a while, or when I'm doing shunting or something and I need to see better, but most of the times I try to stick to cab view.

Especially so because I try to drive with the main HUD off, so I need to see the gauges.

• Like Like x 4
  3. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

I generally use the driver’s view, but there are times when it’s more helpful (or just merely enjoyable) to use the external view.

It’s been more about the sights rather than the sounds for me.

Occasionally I’ve gotten too distracted by the external view’s scenery, and missed reacting to a speed limit change, but I definitely like the flexibility of being able to pick which view to use while driving.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Opening the windows might increase the sound of engine and sounds on several trains, while you can keep using the internal camera. Although I guess some trains are meant to be pretty quiet inside the cab :P

5. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I use external view only for screenshots and to look if my the last wagon of my freight train passed the speed sign so I can accelerate. Rest of the time I'm in drivers view since I need to monitor the PZB and instruments (HUD off)

• Like Like x 2
  6. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

I love the No.2 tracking cam in Train Simulator 2020 but the same cam in TSW is useless, jumping all over the place.

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

On German routes, I like driving without a HUD, but I often jump outside - this kilometer between the signals allows you to enjoy the views and get some fresh air :D

Approaching STOP, departing yards and stations - it can look epic from the outside!

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Most of the time I’m a train driver but occasionally go into pigeon mode. I do use camera 8 a fair bit to watch the train go by (currently ruined in TSW2 by blocking viewing trains exiting a tunnel).