New Railways Please...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by migueld, Sep 15, 2020.

1. migueld

migueld Active Member

May I suggest the Cascais Railway in Portugal, which uses the 3250 and 3150 series trains. Its an amazing 40 minute commuter line along the Atlantic shore of Portugal. I don't wanna get into to much detail about it in this threat but if you want to know more about it, you can find it online, and believe it's a really nice railway and the trains are almost a century old and were later renovated. (I can't be the only one who prefers older/semi-modern commuter trains over the modern advanced trains) I also can't be the only one who's tired of getting the same, German, Britain, and US railways that have been DLC's for literally every train simulator ever made. I feel like we've been purchasing new Train Simulators expecting something different, but instead Dovetail Games just ends up releasing the same old Railways or ones that look exactly alike. The only thing we got that we didn't have before was the Bakerloo Line. Please make something new...

P.S At least we'll get one Railway with nice views along the ocean and beaches and traveling beside Portugal's historic buildings, instead of constantly being surrounded by badly designed houses all around, with nothing to see except the train's controls and the glitchy train tracks that even with max'd out graphics still do that weird thinggy in the distance.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Incase you didn’t know Switzerland and France is coming to TSW2 as its on the roadmap and will take at least a few months to arrive as DTG and Third party companies are developing new routes for different countries when licensing is given by the train operators, Although there is alot of German routes, there is not many UK routes which is why the UK high speed and the French High speed route is coming (In Production). DTG are looking at more countries to add to the game in the near future such as the Netherlands which was mentioned in the Live Stream a few weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  3. migueld

migueld Active Member

Yeah and I guarantee you that all those new railways are going to take place in the middle of badly designed neighborhoods or plain open fields because that's what northern Europe is all about pretty much. I have been to both the Netherlands and France and yeah they're good looking places (nothing special) but so is New York City and the LIRR scenery along with many others was a complete disappointment.

4. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

The Scenery and routes wont be 100% perfect but if your intrested in different routes and countries Train Simulator 2021 is the right game for you as TSW2 is a complete new game running on a new engine and it will take at least a year or more to have more than 15+ countries to be added with the routes that DTG select and develop.

5. migueld

migueld Active Member

It's not about what game is best for me, I'm trying to get them to maybe make routes in countries no other game has done instead of spending endless hours making routes we can already acquire in Train Simulator 2020. Not only widens their customers but will also improve profits for them if they make something people can't find in other games.

6. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

At the moment I suspect Covid will be a factor as it's not going to be easy or even possible for them to visit new places. So I suspect for the next year or so it's probably going to be remasters as they have the research and reference stuff in their archive.

7. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

How about the Durham coast line,this railway and area has never got a mention,beutiful coastline and veiws of the north sea,its around 40 miles in length from newcastle to Middlesbrough running freight and passenger services,features a 10 arch 65 feet viaduct ect .

8. migueld

migueld Active Member

We already have to so many England based routes though...

9. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Well the reason we got those routes in those 3 countries is because it's easier to get licenses to use the logo's & such . So if a railway company doesn't give licenses we might not be able to get the route . So if Cascais Railway has some form of licensing or if they can give DTG the right's to there logo then we might see this route, Also they would need some reference to recreate the cab & the other detailed parts of the train

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  10. migueld

migueld Active Member

That would be pretty cool, couple of years ago I was travelling with a conductor for Cascais railway and he told me that there had been people asking to travel inside the cab to get pictures and videos for games, but that was about 5 years ago, so idk who that was even, could've been DTG but if it was either nothing came out of it or at least not yet, which would be unfortunate. Then again CP which is the government owned company of the Portuguese trains will make money any way they can so I don't see why they wouldn't give out the license.

11. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I agree with OP. Would be cool to see new countries in TSW.