PlayStation Late Evening Services On Ntp Or Any Service For That Matter

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sashco, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Sashco

Sashco Member

Doing a 7M84 Leeds - Manchester Empty Oil service with Class 45 at 20:03:00 in the evening.

I selected Autumn with slight clouds and plenty of wind to replicate what's outside right now.

Even getting started is quite a challenge. It's pitch dark I could hardly get the loco started trying to find all the buttons (Cabin light wouldn't even turn on to begin with even though I managed to find the switch!) Still, conducting the route seems impossible without the HUD helpers activated. I literally can't see anything and I have a modern 2018 Samsung 65 inches screen. No setting on the TV is helping to get even slightest adjustment to the darkness outside.

Why even bother allowing the routes to be set up like this? There's no eye adjustment to the dark either, it's the same black color. Apart from the blue patches in the sky, it's completely black.

This was a letdown to say the least. Does anyone have a suggestion on making the gaming experience better with these settings or should I just refrain from applying certain seasons and weather settings?

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Use your flashlight (right button on the D-Pad of your controller)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sashco

Sashco Member

I am pressing but nothing is happening. Holding it down opens up a menu, none of which give me an option to use a flashlight.

Front headlights are turned on, but they don't do anything apart from just being turned on.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

You can only turn on the torch if you are walking around. A quick note on the headlights, these are only used to let people know that a train is coming hence them being called marker lights (If you are in Britain AND on an old Loco or DMU/EMU).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sashco

Sashco Member

Makes no sense. The presentation is poor as there is no way for the dark to adjust at all. Unless passing stations where there is light, the dark is just pure black color. Impossible to discern anything. Which I doubt was the case for engineers operating these locos even back then.

If they literally didn't see anything and that was just part of the profession, well...kudos to them, because as I see it presented here, I could hit an elephant and I wouldn't know until its remain were all over the front of the train flying in all directions.

Either the games color mechanics during night are badly developed or being a loco engineer at night included solid hazardous pay.

Either way, it seems certain setting should be avoided then.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sashco

Sashco Member

On the other hand, the Winter Clear at night setting is just beautiful!

• Like Like x 1