PC East Coastway - 5g61 Empty To Depot (operational Errors?)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Leapansumo, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Leapansumo

Leapansumo New Member

I have just completed the service 5G61 Empty to Depot and noticed a couple of things.
    Note: These aren't scenario/service breaking bugs but could be considered operational errors.

1. The train is not empty (it's in the title) and passengers don't get off even if you open the doors.
    2. After pulling forward ready to go back trough the train wash and park up in the siding, you should be able to switch cab ends to perform this manoeuvre, however doing so by trying to sit in the seat at the other end of the train brings up a warning saying "Do you wish to leave the service".
    It's the same for service 5C61 Empty to Depot also. There are a couple of other Empty to Depot services in the list that I have not tested yet.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

1. There have been passengers not leaving trains and spending all night in the depot on TSW for many years. No-one seems interested in solving it.
    2. You'll get that rather annoying and unnecessary message every time you leave the original driving seat for more than a minute or two. It doesn't really matter what you're trying to do. If you choose "no", it will let you continue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Swapping ends in a train shouldn’t be bringing up a box about leaving the service because it is the same service. I don’t recall it doing that in TSW2020 when just swapping ends. I have no idea if it’s only actually supposed to happen if you change trains (which would be fine) and is therefore a bug.

Apart from being annoying it is also confusing because you aren’t giving the service up at all but you have to say you are in order to take a seat in the cab to continue the same service. I hope it gets changed/fixed as one thing they did with the immersion controls was to get rid of pop-ups and this is one that definitely isn’t needed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

This is one *feature* which has been carried over from TSW2020 to TSW2. If you're away from the driver's seat for 2 minutes, you're asked whether you want to give up the service. It doesn't matter whether you're outside the train or still inside the train, or even if you're just standing up in the driver's compartment. It doesn't even matter if you're changing ends because you were told to, you'll get prompted anyway. I tested this out on a specific ECW service in both TSW2020 and TSW2 and there was no difference. If you manage to leave the driver's seat at one end and get to the driver's seat at the other end within 2 minutes, you won't get the prompt.

• Like Like x 1