Mallorca Rail Network

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HamioSamio098, Sep 16, 2020.

1. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

Ooh! Is this an entire rail network, for TSW2? Yes, yes it is. Spanning a distance of 48km, the Mallorca rail network could be a great addition to TSW2. Starting in the sunny city of Palma, take a ride on the historical train to Soller and then a tram to Port Soller or ride on a modern EMU to Manacor or Sa Pobla.

A quick overview of the network
    Lines: Palma-Soller
    Soller-Port Soller (Tram)
    Palma-Manacor
    Palma- Sa Pobla
    Palma Metro lines M1 (Placa d'Espanya-UIB) and M2.(Placa d'Espanya- Marratxi)[​IMG] One of the EMUs Operated by the SFM (The main company)
    Total Distance: 48km/47miles (please see disclaimer)

Description of Palma Placa d'Espanya (the main station on the network)
    This is the biggest station on the network and where all trains start. The station is split into 2 levels. The Underground station, which comprises of 10 platforms and the ground level station, which has 1 platform. Trains on the lines to Manacor, Sa Pobla and the Metro use the underground platforms and trains to Soller use the sole ground level platform. These can be seen as separate stations (the underground and ground level platforms) if that is how you want to look at it because if you were to walk between the two, then you would need to go up some escalators to street level and head through a station building (I think, I have never been to Mallorca in my life!) to the Soller platform.
    Pictures
    [​IMG]
    An aged piece of rolling stock lovingly restored for use on the Palma-Soller Railway
    [​IMG] A Palma Metro Train at Placa d'Espanya

Disclaimer: I am not Spanish in any way nor have I been to Mallorca so if you have been or lived there please feel free to add more pictures or infomation on anything I have missed.

Disclaimer no.2: Wikipedia says the network is 52 miles but the SeeMallorca website says its 48km or 47 miles so I am going with the SeeMallorca website here. Oh and whilst you are still here, why not check out this video

• Like Like x 3
  2. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Yes I was thinking of it as well cause you'll get a complete network of an island, and not some route sections torn apart of the whole network. So I' like seeing it in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Si el tren no es automático, se puede agregar mallorca