Ts2021 Workshop Tab

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reef, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Am I just being dull or doesn't the search work? I enter text in it and press enter and nothing happens, everything else seems to work in the workshop tab ok though.

Also on the subject of the new workshop tab, I wish it allowed you to search for scenarios for a specific route of your choosing instead of having to sift through every page, I have quite a bit of US and German routes but I hardly ever (if at all) play them, surely there could be a way to allow you to check/uncheck owned content for workshop scenario searching purposes?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Well Reef let me answer that for you, yes, you are indeed dull as a brush (I have it on good authority as I know your Wife, less said about that the better)

You CAN check/uncheck your particular owned routes to appear in the results you have to use the first drop down menu and select [Add-ons: Custom Owned] and what you didn't realise earlier was that you can actually put a check mark on the left of each route or loco that's shown.

HOWEVER! (and it's a big however) This being a DTG product they have inexplicably limited the number of routes to 20 which is great seeing as I own 52 actually 51 as Welsh Marches appears twice due to the de-branding but still requires separate scenarios so yeah... 52 (unless of course I'm being as dull as numnutz above and I too have missed something?).

I haven't checked if the loco's are also limited tbh as I was too focused on the routes prior to writing this post

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Search didn't work for me yesterday either

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Ok seems like both the above Reefs are dull (who'd have thunk it) after a bit more investigating (ok actually counting the routes shown in the [Add-ons: Custom Owned] list) it appears it does show NEARLY all my owned routes.. Why do I say NEARLY?

Apparently and this is why I was initially confused and posted what I had before, it doesn't show you discontinued/withdrawn routes, you know like the main ones I play i.e. SWC, Welsh Marches (Branded) and NWC, I own them so why have DTG omitted them from my [Add-ons: Custom Owned] list, I mean the scenarios are still on the Steam workshop I just can't narrow my search down to them, they are even repeatedly shown as requirements for other non SWC or NWC routes that list them in the dependencies (albeit with "Retired" append).

Yeah still not working for me either.

Question did anyone at DTG a) never own a "Retired" route and b) never think to test the search field in the "new feature for TS2021"

Please DTG don't be as dull as Reef.