Clean Install... Is It The Way To Go?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reef, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

So after watching Alan Thompsons reaction to WCML-S Youtube video yesterday this little question has been buzzing around in my empty void of a skull.

He mentioned a few times that he usually does a clean fresh install of TS when a new yearly update is released but he hadn't this time.

I think we all know now that that's not the reason for the PPP (P*** Poor Performance) regarding WCML-S but it's still got me thinking..

Is a clean install the way to go, in a way I hope not coz I can't even remember half the stuff I've modded now..

Should also add I very very rarely get OOM's and usually then only if I'm in the Editor, maybe that's to do with having 32gb of ram maybe not I don't know.

2. car147

car147 New Member

I don't, and have had no issue over the years. I just dedicate a Nvme m2 soley to TS.

3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I have a Nvme m.2 just for my OS and TS is on its own dedicated SSD, I then have steam with all my other titles and other game launchers with their games on yet another SSD, which leaves a 2tb HDD for all my modding and paintshop stuff.

• Like Like x 1