Times Dovetail Disappointed The Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kevindahs5, Sep 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevindahs5

kevindahs5 New Member

Well the new WCML route is trash (for now). Which made me think what other times we were disappointed (give a little leeway to the first routes)
    The List:
    WCML South: London Euston - Birmingham

2. josh.ostrowski03

josh.ostrowski03 Active Member

are you good? Just making sure.

3. mike370

mike370 Active Member

Come on!! DTG might not exactly be flavour of the month following the new route release. But this seems to be sour DTG bashing for the sake of it - really unpleasant.

They've screwed-up big time with this one. And they've upset/frustrated many TS fans in the process. But fair play, they've already sincerely apologised on this very forum - & said they're on the case of correcting what's wrong. For the immediate day after release (and a weekend at that), I don't think you could ask any more than that. Let's support & encourage them in making the DLC the decent route we all hoped it would be. Perhaps wait a good month or two & see what happens, before you demand your pound of flesh. Cheers.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  5. josh.ostrowski03

yeah im smelling some bad vibes from here.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Some people just like (or need) to draw attention to themselves and use other peoples misfortunes to do so, the same type of people that post videos of an old lady tripping over or a new driver struggling to park.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Agreed I see nothing good coming from this thread it needs to be locked down before things explode out of control.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

So to add some contrast to the OP's statement..

I've just ran the whole Euston to Birmingham 390 Pendolino run and yes I've seen all the faults listed by Alan Thompson, and also Mark from JT and I agree wholeheartedly with them..

BUT! I have to say I'm glad I DIDN'T refund it, my FPS was anything from 11 up to 30 and averaged out at +20 or so, all in all it was a relatively smooth run more akin to Marks run than Alan or Sams, I have to say a lot of the countryside and smaller station scenery is excellent and all in all it was a pleasurable trip.

One caveat to this though is I like Mark (and thanks to him for the idea) cloned the route and removed the fog and set it to summer time, I don't know if the fog has a negative impact on the fps or not but removing it made the countryside come alive and really show the effort and skill that had been put into it.

I can't wait till the patches drop and this route gets the love it's route builders surely deserve, as Mark said It's nothing against the route builders their work is outstanding, it's the serious lack of time allowed to beta test and bug fix that has let this route down, and I agree 100% with him.

That's all, sorry if this didn't quite go with the OP's intentions. Oh well, shame and all that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

I don't think you should be piling into the OP. This thread may not be constructive, but a lot of people are angry about what happened on Thursday and want to blow off steam.

I'm astonished at what happened. That such a flawed product should be released after all the expectation raising makes me feel there's some big internal problem at DTG.

• Like Like x 4
  10. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

If it was laid bare here, in a list, I'm pretty certain it would be eye watering.

By owning your failures, you can learn from them. The key here is accepting that you've failed. Failure to do that, means nothing changes. Again.

• Like Like x 5
  11. car147

car147 New Member

I do think it's abit OTT to now go on a witch hunt of other routes. In the main i have been very happy with their offerings, and this issue needs to be seen for what it is. They have made a massive mistake releasing WCML South in the state it was, But to their credit have responded well , and hopefully given time they can rise from this with better communication and openess with the community.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Really? Look.. we all let rip over WCML South, no one more than I did probably, but what is the point in this? This is just a troll post, pure and simple. It serves no purpose.. it' snot feeding back to DTG... it's just moaning about past things to stoke the fire. Grow up.

• Like Like x 3
  13. AlexTheMole

AlexTheMole Active Member

Times The Community Disappointed The Community
    The list:
    Seriously as others have said this thread adds nothing and just comes off as pointless moaning.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Quote, " In a survey conducted in the UK, it was revealed people spend, on average, 10,000 minutes a year moaning."

And that's just on the DTG forums.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

DTG have apologised about the state of their recent product, people should stop wingeing. If you can find a better train sim go elsewhere.

16. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

Tell you one thing my wife really must bump up that average, sounds like a months worth to her that does ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

People have a good reason to moan. You don't have to read it...

This thread is perhaps a bit un-needed, but there are a number of DLC out there which could be described as sub par...

• Like Like x 2
  18. DROGE

DROGE Active Member

Times that DTG have disappointed me:

• The day they didn't send me a cheque for £10,000 for no apparent reason.
    • The day I came home from work and DTG had failed to have a Chicken Tikka Masalla sitting waiting for me.
    • The day I logged onto Steam, to find they hadn't made the entire TS, TSW2020 and TSW2 DLC directory available to me for free.
    • The day my pet worm died and they didn't even bother sending a sympathy card.
    ...plus many more that were so upsetting, I've forgotten them.

• Like Like x 6
  19. josh.ostrowski03

RIP worm

• Like Like x 1
  20. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Although I agree that the thread is a bit harsh (DTG are real people after all ;)), I still think scathing criticism is justified when they release routes in the state WCMLS currently is in. I think they also deserved a lot of criticism for Frankfurt Koblenz which although not in the same poor state as WCMLS had a lot of bugs that came down to malfunctioning QA. I still cut them some slack for Frankfurt Koblenz because even in it's current state I'd rather have a Mainz-Koblens route than not. I also think it is a bit worrying that they've released two back to back unfinished routes.

To even out my criticism I think that Brighton Main line was fantastic when it came out, Portsmouth Direct Line (V2) is great and so was Chatham Mainline. South wales coastal equally so. For rolling stock, some of their Pro-line releases have been great such as the Virgin Class 390, and from what I have heard (if you discount the lack of TVM 430) the Velaro D.

I'm not sure how helpful it is for community members to instantly call for censoring of (rightfully so since money has been spent) angry voices. I could see it both ways: If we bash DTG that won't help us, but if we don't call DTG out on unacceptable quality that certainly won't help us either.

• Like Like x 4
  21. AlexTheMole

AlexTheMole Active Member

No one is saying don't criticise DTG, but this thread came long after there were already MANY threads about the WCML South so it really added nothing new. If you have issues with a certain route, find a thread about that route and add your voice there.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

^^This!

• Like Like x 1
  23. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'm going to close this one here because it's unlikely to go anywhere useful.

Criticism is very helpful and is welcome here, but please try to include some pointers as to why something has missed the mark if you feel we haven't already spotted it.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.