The Catch The Catch: Carp & Coarse - Dtg What Is Going On?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SimulatorDaz, Sep 19, 2020.

1. SimulatorDaz

SimulatorDaz Well-Known Member

Hi to DTG and anyone else that reads this,

I'm writing this on behalf of the Fishing Simulator community and I like to think that most of them agree with what I'm going to say. DTG have you given up on The Catch: Carp & Coarse?

The overall feeling within the community isn't too great at the moment. There's a few reasons why this is. I'm going to raise these issues below.

1 - The first DLC for The Catch: Carp & Coarse was the Jezioro Bestii venue. A lot of players within the community will know that this DLC is also playable in Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour. Don't get me wrong! It's a good DLC, but why was it chosen as the first for The Catch: Carp & Coarse? A great number of players called it a day and stopped playing because of this. Was it a rush job to make the game look active in terms of content? It was a bad decision.

The second DLC was the Lake Beasts Equipment Pack. Again, not bad DLC. It has a low price tag and contains a fair number of items. Again, not the best choice for the second content release. Where's the bigger content? Such as a season pass or a couple more fishing venues? I'm sure this year designing content has been difficult due to Covid 19. Surely you could have held off and released some bigger and better content while you communicate and work with the community instead of copying and pasting content from the previous game in the series.

2 - Complete silence on the social media platforms, websites, and these forums. The Steam forum for the game feels like a Ghost Town. Both in terms of replies and news from DTG. The DFL (Dovetail Fishing League) weekly results have not been updated.

3 - There appears to be an issue with the PS4 version of the game in which it's not loaded at all. There have been support tickets submitted for this. Some of which remain unanswered to this day. The game not loading should be the focus of immediate attention.

4 - In terms of content, why is it that Train Sim World and Train Simulator have been given major content updates over the last month or so? The Catch: Carp & Coarse has been thrown aside.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not here to throw mud at the fishing series from DTG. I absolutely enjoy playing them and think it would be great for more and more content to be released.

The Fishing Simulator Community deserves an acknowledgement. There's a lot of loyal players out there who've put a great deal of time into the fishing series but now feel the games they love playing are now falling to bits and have been left unsupported.

So please DTG. How about you as a company begin to communicate with the players?

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. topgearatuk

topgearatuk Member

something needs to be done

3. jamesburns34

jamesburns34 Member

Ebro is a joke too,caught the emperor about 4 times,but not 1 wels cat fish boss.

4. GeeDub438

GeeDub438 Member

Thanks Daz for saying this. However, I feel this will fall on deaf ears. The community is more than prepared to offer advice and tips, but as the saying goes...... you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink!

• Like Like x 1
  5. topgearatuk

topgearatuk Member

fell on deaf ears then

R.I.P

6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Im just waiting for the title ( No I'm not it'll be sad for the players who bought the game & DLC)
    FISHING SIMULATOR DISCONTINUED

But really what is going on with DTG & the whole fishing stuff they make 3 games & DLC for it then go silent. What is going on

7. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

Thanks for writing this. I was actually thinking about writing something like this myself.
    The points that irk me the most are the first DLC and especially it being full price even for owners of the old version and the complete lack of communication.

Dear Dovetail Fishing team, please take a look at how those things are done by the team that handles Train Sim World 2, especially the road map. Such a simple yet informative way of letting people know what's currently going on.

• Like Like x 1