PC Tsw2 Gp38-2 Loco Break Wont Release. Tried Out Almost Everything.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by rallyscoot, Sep 18, 2020.

1. rallyscoot

rallyscoot Member

Where the error / bug / problem:

* Sand patch grade

- Chapter 1 - Welcome to the rail road

Y102 Morning Bowl Switching

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The loco brake of the GP38-2 wont release.

I switched every switch which is possible to switch..
    I tried every lever. Also used the cut-off valve to cut-off / freight / passenger.
    Also looked outside if the handbrake was on, but this was on green (release)

I have to set the power lever at least to 3 or 4 to get the GP38-2 loco moving with some struggle.
    If you move the lever to 2 or 1 it will heavly decrease in speed (so there is still a brake on the loco..

Can this be checked / problem get solved?

Thanks.

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

3. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Did you switch the MU control at the bottom of the divider to leading?

4. rallyscoot

rallyscoot Member

MU valve doesnt make any progress either.. Tried every setting.

The strange thing is, 2 days ago i played the same Y102, and got it to rolling.. But didnt know what i did then..

Also cut-out valve moving to all selections wont work also. So i really do miss something here.

I think i have got it...

I set single unit or intermediate (on the back wall) to controlling the unit coupled at long hood end. (before it was set to 12 o clock, now its 3 o clock

Mu control i set it to lead or dead.

Dont know if this is the correct way of how it should go in the game, any maybe know and played Y102 earlier?

Iam guessing that the brakes where on the back second loco, so that made it hard to drive to first one.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020