PC Tsw Graphics Card Help

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by A Wilkinson, Jan 3, 2018.

1. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

Hey, i am looking to upgrade my graphics card not sure if i should get a GTX 1060, GTX 1070 or AMD Radeon, i was looking for high to ultra high settings, i hear some people say they have GTX 1060 on Ultra without any issues and wondered how many more FPS i would get with GTX 1070, thanks

2. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I run a 1070 paired w/ a i7 6700K all clocked at stock speeds at the moment. I can run the game on ultra preset at about 100% screen resolution and run in the area of 40-60 fps depending on whats going on but the game is usually always running steady for me.

As far as your decision is concerned, you should be ok with a 1060 depending on what else you want to do with your machine. Do you plan on playing any other games? If so; what resolutions and settings? I can run the majority of the games I play (Overwatch, GTA5, ATS and ETS) at ultra presets without much compromise at 100+ fps.

If you can, provide a detailed spec list for your particular PC as that would also be good information. Also, what fps are you getting right now with your current set up?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  3. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Depends on what you want to do with that card.
    For FullHD on ultra the gtx1060 might already be enought for the moment.
    If you want to upgrade to 2.5K resolution then a gtx1070 might be enough.
    I play on 4K with a gtx1070 on ultra an can say its enough for most parts. Only on some stations in GWE my fps drop below 30. For most other games its also enough. With a gtx1080 you would be on the safer side.

And i can only say, if you ever go to 4K you never want to go back to FullHD. ;)

If you buy the GTX 1060 make sure you buy the 6GB RAM version. 3GB is already to small for many new games.

4. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

I play at 3440x1440 on my 34" 21:9 screen @ultra settings. I have an i7-4790k@4,4ghz with GTX1080/8GB and I get around 60-80fps with 120% screen percentage, it just looks awesome :)
    I think a GTX1080 is a good investment in the future if don't want soon an outdated GPU again.

5. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

Thanks everyone for the replies, Well i was gonna get a Xeon Processor to run TSW but someone said its best to buy from the single thread performance benchmark not the benchmark as a whole, so i am confused what processor to get? I think i will get GTX 1070 now because i find the GTX 1080 way to expensive for me

6. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I have a kaby lake processor but the new AMD ryzen processors are pretty good form what I have heard. If you are serious about PC gaming, I would look into a either Intel or an AMD ryzen CPU

7. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

ok will do thanks, Intel make the Xeon processor though

8. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

I would stay away from Xeon parts, those are marketed to professional workstations or servers and have a lot of features that you never need in a gaming computer. All those features come with a hefty price tag, and sometimes need special sockets which make the mainboard more pricey as well as special RAM.

Stick to the I7-8000 series (Coffee Lake) or if you have the budget go for a I9-7000 series (Skylake-X no Coffee Lake out yet).