Ice Signals

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sinnere, Sep 20, 2020.

1. sinnere

sinnere Active Member

There were a handful of times where I'd be running above 200kph, pass a green signal with a red at the very next. Being that the signal spacing is often shy of 1.5 kilometers I was never able to stop the train in time resulting in a scenario end as I pass the red signal.

Is this a bug or does the complex safety systems (which I haven't learned yet) allow for a gradual reduction of speed well befofehand?

2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes it does that's why it's used IRL.

LZB will react to signals by commanding a slower AFB speed (until bringing it to 0 before stopping) and will also react to speed limit changes

• Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

LZB is needed to drive faster than 160km/h. Without it you will never be able to stop in time for a red signal at high speed. LZB is also very easy to use. It basically tells you what speed to drive at on the speedometer, so if you stay below the speed it indicates you will always stop in time.

After turning it on at the panel in the cab, it will automatically start working when you enter the LZB controlled line section, you keep your speed below the red dot indicated on the speedometer, and the only other thing you need to do is press End on your keyboard when Ende flashes up on the HUD (just before you leave the LZB controlled line section). If you have AFB enabled LZB will drive the train for you but you have to turn AFB off and on again to continue using it after exiting the LZB section.

• Like Like x 3
  4. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Sorry to butt in, but you forgot to say that you must use PCB for leaving the station, and a few miles arriving at the station, which in both case you can not go faster than 20km, and be stop and go often as the PCB is stopping you

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you mean PZB then you don’t have to use it when using LZB. The two systems can be used separately. I use LZB and sometimes SIFA but not PZB. Also if you use PZB there is no time at all when you need to go as slow as 20km/h with the ICE.

6. rat7_mobile

Well the only way that I know to activate the LZB, is by doing CTRL ENTER, and that also start the PCB, which prevent the going faster than 20KM, otherwise the train stop.

I had a lentghty idscuss in an other message about using PCB

7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Just open the panel at the right side in the cockpit, there you can switch on all three safety systems individually. PZB if activated, will check you for 25KM/H when you first start. But with the PZB Free button you can free yourself from that limitation right away, since there won't be any red signals right away when you first start.
    Arriving at the station depends on the signalling, when you have a red signal at the end station (which you usually have in this game) it will check you for 45KM/H after you pass the double-yellow main signal, not less than that and only after you pass that double yellow main signal.

8. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

That's weird I have used pzb for a while now and I have never been restricted to 25km with pzb on when I usually leave a station when I start I'm restricted to 45km as I know with the ice it's handy that afb allows to only go 40km so I have that speed difference clearance. But yeah I would suggest to turn the safety systems on manually rather than a key binding

9. rat7_mobile

Well as the only way to start those system and still remain in the timing is by using the CTRL ENTER, then using the high speed controler is not an option as it use the PCB as well, which is made to be complicaed to be beyond use, specially at ngith as it is impossible to see any sign on the side

10. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

all you have to do for the ice is look behind you at the cabinet i can do it on controller and still stay within time pretty easily. i wouldn't say PZB is hard unless you don't apply yourself to learn it or you want to shortcut learning it which you can't with PZB i would actually say night time is even more easier to spot since everything is already dark and you shouldn't expect any unexpected signals if you have lzb on at highspeed

• Like Like x 1
  11. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I am very sorry but I don't understand. Each service you start will rarely immediately depart and you should have at least between 30 seconds and 1 minute after closing the doors before you have to depart. This is plenty of time to open the cabinet to the right and to switch LZB on. Like I do it every time I take a ride on the ICE.
    Trust me you don't have to activate PZB and honestly should not if you are not comfortable with how it works, as it will most likely ruin your fun.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

It is very easy to enable PZB and LZB by flipping two switches at the start of the scenarios or timetable runs and easily stay within the schedule.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Not to be rude, but if you had a lengthy discussion around PZB, then your also missing fundamentals of the system. PZB does not limit your speed to 20Km/h. PZB will limit you to 45km/h restricted mode when first starting however you can release from this mode or simply wait for it to move out of restrictive monitoring, however as others have said if you don't wish to use PZB then simply enable LZB independently using the switch in the cab instead of using the keyboard shortcut, and don't forget to enable AFB while your at it. Enabling these without using keyboard shortcuts has no impact on timetable running, there is a good 30 + seconds before most services start more than enough time to manually turn these systems on.

• Like Like x 4