PC Kilbern Park Platform Size Is Clipping Into The Train

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Pokesomi, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

I sent a ticket in on this already but sam said to post it here.

ticket number KGN-679-62981

basically the screen shot and i also just noticed that one of the randells says warwick avenue however the meta data says kilbern park but regardless i was taking pictures to practice with the rail fan upload

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

North or Southbound? I'll take a look for myself tomorrow

3. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

ouch, the repair team are going to have a fun time with this one by Pokesomi posted Sep 21, 2020 at 4:48 PM[/GALLERY]
    south bound, i will pop into my copy and check it but will check both

Also going to double check warwick ave

warwick ave southbound, toward elephant and castle has it really bad along the entire length of the platform
    kilbern park, has it on both platforms to a lesser extent, but warwick ave has it really bad on southbound, northbound seems to be fine

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed quite a lot of minor clipping going on but these are huge. I’ve not been on foot in every station yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

i was, due to the collectibles which is how i spotted this one

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

im going to make a list
    this will be updated as i find them (im starting from elephant & castle and working my way north)
    stations that have the clipping,
    Minor = slight overlap with the train and platform interface
    Lambeth North (minor NB & SB side)
    Waterloo (NB no issues SB no clipping issues, however has a partially covered signal or light or something at the south end of the platform right inside the tunnel image below) Embankment (no issues)
    Charing cross(no issues)
    Oxford Circus: SB the train partially clips on the curve at about car 3 from the rear
    Regent's Park (NB slight train overlap of platform at car 2 from front SB curve at north end of platform gets overlapped by train
    baker street (SB no issues, but train is very close to clipping the platform at curves NB severe clipping at the entrance tunnel to the NB platform) Marylebone (NB minor overlap SB No Issue but looks close on the curve)

Edgeware road ( NB platform at the curve has a slight overlap with the train SB No Issue with the train platform interface)
    Paddington (NB No Issues SBslight overlap with the train) Maida Vale (NB has clipping from the tunnel entrance all the way to the tunnel exit of the platform Southbound is the same but less noticeable)
    Kilburn Park, has clipping on both NB and SB platforms but minor clipping

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I don't know they didn't spot these during testing

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t know how they could have built them that way in the first place. But yes, an internal tester could be given the task of taking a train to every platform and checking that they are in the right place.
    That one I did spot and posted about. This would to be easy to miss by a tester as it looks fine when the signal is green.
    Good work on making a big list of all the clipping. It will help the fix it team fix it more quickly.

9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

These issues are clearly not bugs but sloppy workmanship. When building the stations, you’d think at the very least, one of the first things they’d check is that the space between train and platform allows the train not to clip the station.

I doubt this’ll be an easy, quick fix either as it will likely require the remodelling of the station.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

This is not the only route with this issue, there are number of stations on the LIRR with the M7 and the same thing there too.

• Like Like x 3
  11. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Testing? DTG? :D

• Like Like x 3
  12. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

im surprised the original image got by as it is, how did someone not look at that and say, thats not right. im working my way north currently at oxford circus and am somewhat familar with the london underground thus i am somwhat familiar with what looks right

13. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

And I thought the clipping of the monitor at Harlesden was bad...

Bakerloo definitely screams rushed at me:

- Very basic timetable, with the full one not making release.
    - Lots and lots of clipping and other bugs (especially when compared to the other two releases)
    - Signalling not reflecting London Underground signalling. Presumably because they didn't have time...

I really hope this isn't the future from DTG, as WCML South on TS2021 also doesn't inspire me with confidence...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

i didnt see that, but will check it later

15. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Don't forget the platform monitor than clips into the train at Harlesden.

16. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

i was mostly checking the underground stations but i will look at that as well

17. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

The amount of known bugs is embarassing. They're so many that I'm afraid DTG will just ignore most of them. I will wait for fixes before a new DLC purchase, and I'm not alone. Hopefully DTG will learn this lesson: take your time, test your damn game, sell it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yep, only exception is IOW because I trust Rivet will not make the same mistakes. I bought RSN for TSW2 as soon as it came out, foolishly thinking that if it was working well in TSW2020 there is no way it doesn't work on TSW2...
    After realising the state of RSN I will make sure to never buy a DLC on day 1 from DTG. The amount of bugs included in every DLC is simply embarrassing and inexcusable.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

went through all the sub surface stations and found all that had the clipping, hopefully some of them will get fixed at some point,

20. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Sorry to say but DTG really don’t care do they, i get it, its their first underground route but still. We pay for something, and the end user has to spot what a team of many couldn’t. Where in the EULA does it state we’re responsible for reporting all mishaps? Trading Standards in the UK monitor companies who breach these agreements. How many times DTG done breach the ting?

• Like Like x 1