Xbox Wheel Slip

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by mufcfanste, Sep 21, 2020.

1. mufcfanste

mufcfanste Member

how do you recover from wheel slip on sand batch when going up a hill of 1.5

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

If you have banking locos, go to them and enable the radio fuse on both rear locos. The front loco, set to Lead or Dead / Cutout with generator switch on. Make sure the rear trail loco is also generator switch on but trail 6

Back in lead loco, put the DISP button on (ac4400 above your front window, sd/gp above the auto brake.
    This gets the bank locos working.

Apply independent brake fully, and throttle notch 4, and release the independent brake gradually, to get traction.

You shouldn't stop on any gradient if you have the banking locos enabled, I did a summer rain service the other day with autorack and banking locos without an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Th3RaMbLeR

Th3RaMbLeR New Member

banking? assuming this is distributed power? IRL, a little independent (10 lbs maybe) plus sand should help with the wheel slip. I don't know if this is accurate in the game.

4. Trainmania100

Yep distributed power is what I meant. Wasn't sure if the OP was familiar with the term 'distributed power ' though :)

5. mufcfanste

mufcfanste Member

Thank you all for your help I will try that now

6. mufcfanste

mufcfanste Member

Do I need to change the cut out to frieght on banking loco for brakes to work as well

7. Trainmania100

No leave that cut out I think, but set to lead or dead on the leading banking loco

8. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I asked TrainSim-Matt to make a tutorial about setting up banking loco's. I see a lot of people having trouble with this.

• Like Like x 2