This Game Is

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bigdbern, Sep 22, 2020.

1. bigdbern

bigdbern New Member

I downloaded this game from game pass and it's almost impossible to drive a train this game has so many problems. If it doesn't glitch in tutorial when braking and starting up, it will glitch at the first stop. Wether it's the brakes charging up, or opening passenger doors. I literally cannot play this game because of it. Fix your damn game.

[title edit by Protagonist - watch your language]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Nobodys going to fix anything if you describe issues like that.

If you're having a legitimate problem, you might want to head over to the support forums and/or file a ticket.

Though by the sound of things, it seems you don't have a firm grasp on how to operate a train in the first place, though I dont mean this in a bad way. The tutorials on each route run you through the basics. If you want to check the controller layout, you can head on over to the settings page and navigate over to 'controllers'.
    If you can specifically tell us what train you're even driving, we can probably help you out even further.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

:)I have only started playing this game in the last few weeks. It has a very big learning curve. Whilst the game is undeniably very buggy, like any ambitious project, it also sounds to me like some of your issues are to do with gameplay.

I’ve had to stop playing Sand Patch Grade, because I cannot progress the journey. One of the scenarios I cannot get to the end off without the trains stopping and not moving. I would have been frustrated the first weekend, but I’ve learnt that I must be doing something wrong in the setup, and will come back when I’ve gained more knowledge.

• Like Like x 3
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This game teaches patience. My psychologist is starving.

5. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Yeah I spent about 20 mins trying to get a intermodal with sd40 out of rockwood yesterday on the 2205 to Cumbernauld in winter-blizzard. Practically impossible but I did try. In end I re did it with ac4400 and got better start.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

So true :D
    Yesterday I played TVL the coal loading scenario and needed 15 minutes to figure out why my train did not move with the speed control.
    Turns out I left the train brakes at 100% in the other cab...

• Like Like x 2
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Challenge accepted :D
    Although it probably is exactly as you say.

UPDATE

Q008 with a pair of SD40-2 looks OK
    hppt ~ 1,5 is enough even in tough conditions, eastbound :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2020
  8. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

Sounds like user error to me. I think the issue is the thing holding the controller

9. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly, he needs to learn patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait lol

10. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Same here couldn't get the loco to even move. But after looking at the manual it became clear. Can't remember exact names but there are two dials one under the auto brake (GP38-2) this needs to be set to freight and then there is one in the bottom left which needs to be set to lead or dead. It seemed logical when i found them and it is rewarding when you do.

• Like Like x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 1
  12. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I can get the thing moving, which in itself is tricky when laden and starting on a gradient. My problem is the unit runs out of power, and eventually comes to a stop at max throttle when going up some 1.5% stuff.

Still loving it tho.

13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. VividS550

VividS550 New Member

This probably isn't the easiest game pass game to jump into with little train knowledge. I bought TSW 2019 last year and struggled for the first few weeks to master the trains in the game. I suggest picking one that you like and getting familiar with it. I kept jumping around to different trains and was never able to really get to familiar with any particular one. Eventually I decided to commit to learning one train at a time and I found it worked much better. I personally enjoy freight scenarios so I mostly use the GP-38 or the SD-40 and after reading the operations manual for both trains it greatly improved how I operated them. Stick it out this game is really satisfying when you get the hang of it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I can't find Q008 in the timetable. What time was it?

16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

09:33 :)

17. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Honestly, if you're a complete newcomer skip the tutorials (they just overload you with information that's impossible to take in all in one go) and use passenger trains with very basic operation via the route timetables. I'm not sure what TSW2020 gives you with gamepass but if it includes Great Western Railway then that absolutely has to be your starting point because both the class 166 and HST are very, very easy to operate.
    The 166 (with it's rapid acceleration and ultra powerful brakes) will teach you stopping/timekeeping accuracy at multiple stations along the route and because the HST is a straight A>B service with no stops it gives you plenty of time to get the feel of the game without the pressure of having to constantly monitor distance markers. The slowdown process in the HST is gradual and over multiple miles so there's massive room for error when slowing the train from 125mph to standstill and all in all GWR is an exceptional learning tool for anyone (myself included) who comes into the game with little or no train simulator experience.

I made exactly the same mistake of starting with the tutorials, getting completely overwhelmed by the way in which they immediately throw you into 'advanced operation' mode and writing the game off as a "not for me" investment. It was only during a bout of boredom that I happened to give the HST passenger service a whirl and realised that, with the help of a youtube video, this game is nowhere near as complicated as the tutorials suggested it to be.....and here I still am, 2500 miles into my second TSW game.

So forget all this "you need time and patience" thing because that's absolute rubbish. As a complete beginner those tutorials put you on a wet track at Nordschleife in a hypercar so all you need to do is ignore them and try fathom out where two laps around Daytona in a Mini Metro (and so forth) is located and progress from there onwards on a more logical path.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

In TS, tutorials are categorized and separated.
    TSW treats them as a kind of prelude and this does not fulfill its role fully.

• Like Like x 2