Will We Be Able To Create Our Own Consists In The Future?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by robinnieuwenhuis1, Sep 13, 2020.

1. robinnieuwenhuis1

robinnieuwenhuis1 Member

I actually have a very simple question. Which I just couldn't find on the website. Can we also build our own consists in the future?

Hope someone knows.

Kind regards

• Like Like x 4
  2. 931105799

931105799 New Member

I don' t think any one can give a definitive answer other than the development team. I am optimistic about this as there is a already a scenario maker to build customized contents. I think it is just a matter of time when consists customization will be available.

• Like Like x 2
  3. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Well no one can give you an answer . But I hope in the future there is a consist customization

4. Amtrak_Fan

Amtrak_Fan Well-Known Member

That would be ccol

5. no123

no123 Member

HST with Mk1 coaches on the Bakerloo line? Yeah, why not?

• Like Like x 1
  6. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

You can guess the answer.
    Cmon.
    As long as it's NOT on the roadmap they are not actively working on it and have got no plans doing so unless it's on the roadmap.

7. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Unlikely. Matt teased a very good looking route editor some two years ago for TSW and all talk of it has gone dark since then. DTG acts almost as if it never happened. It is increasingly seeming that DTG wants to go with the Apple style "walled garden" route with TSW where the only original content that gets created for the game is done by them or through third parties that they sanction (and take a cut of). If this IS what they're doing, I fear it's a terrible decision as quite literally the largest reason the Train Simulator franchise continues to have any success and legs all these years later is due to the third party scene and freeware community. If DTG wants to go this route they need to up their game on route quality which it doesn't seem they're really up to. But it fits with the overall company attitude of, if it isn't a direct revenue generator, it isn't worth their time. Which is why bug fixes to their releases are so low priority and very often are simply ignored and never fixed.

• Like Like x 3