Train Sim World: 'happy Holidays' Update Available Now

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Jay, Dec 14, 2017.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Thank you all once again for your continued feedback regarding Train Sim World. Your input has helped us identify and address a number of issues with CSX Heavy Haul, Great Western Express, and the GP40-2, which we have outlined below as part of our Happy Holidays Update!

General

· This build contains a number of general optimisation and stability improvements.

· Fixed an issue relating to Player Experience Levelling Up.

· Fixed an issue relating to duplicated locomotives appearing in the Service Mode Menu.

· Fixed an issue relating to missing objective markers on the 2D map.

· Fixed a number of issues with the Save & Load feature.

CSX Heavy Haul

Steam Achievements

· Fixed an issue relating to the Gas Guzzler and Workaholic achievements.

Gameplay

· Fixed a number of issues with the Turntable Tutorial.

· Fixed a number of issues with the Switching Tutorial.

· Fixed an issue in the Coal Loading Tutorial.

· Fixed an issue in the Clear Cut Scenario.

· Fixed an issue in the Ice & Snow Scenario.

· Fixed a number of issues in the Powering America: Part 1 scenario.

· Fixed a number of issues in Powering America: Part 2.

Services

· Fixed an issue with the representation of the loco when changing route/loco services.

· Fixed an issue with Service Q015.

Locomotives

· Improved the appearance of snow on the EMD SD40-2.

· Fixed an issue that would prevent the displays from being turned on or off on the GE AC4400CW.

Rolling Stock

· Fixed an issue that would cause the player to move to an invalid location in the Box Car.

· Fixed an issue with the door animation on the Box Car.

Route

· Fixed a number of issues with speed limits and trackwork.

· Fixed a number of instances of floating foliage.

· Fixed a number of instances of missing snow on vehicles.

· Fixed a number of missing player collision volumes.

· Relocated a tree that would invade the cab of locomotives.

· Fixed a floating telegraph pole asset.

· Fixed an issue with LODs.

· Fixed an issue that would limit player movement between two scenery objects.

· Fixed an issue with some instances of foliage that were an inappropriate colour.

Collectables

· Fixed an issue with a poster collectable that was unable to be collected.

Controller

· Fixed an issue that restricted yard switch movement when using the Xbox Controller.

Great Western Express

· Fixed an issue with French localisation.

Gameplay

· Fixed an issue with the door controls in the Station Stopping Tutorial.

· Fixed an issue with the Down the Line Scenario.

· Fixed a number of issues with the Christmas Closures scenario.

· Fixed an issue with the Aggregate Industries scenario.

· Fixed an issue with the Drag Line scenario.

Services

· Fixed issues with a number of services that required you to open doors on the wrong side.

· Fixed a number of instances of missing drivers in the Class 43 whilst in Service Mode.

· Fixed an issue that would cause Train Sim World to become unstable when using the EWS Class 66 and Winter Blizzard Pre-set.

· Fixed an issue that would award players XP at the end of their objectives.

Locomotives

· Fixed a number of animation issues with brake hoses on the Class 43.

· Fixed an issue that would result in zero amps being applied to the Class 43.

· Fixed an issue that would cause the doors to become stuck on the Class 43 when using the Dispatch Menu.

· Fixed an issue with displaying button guidance when sat in a passenger seat in the Class 43.

· Fixed an issue that would cause the doors to become stuck on the Class 166 when using the in-cab controls.

· Fixed an issue that would result in the rail reflections appearing to travel in the opposite direction when sat in the Class 166.

· Fixed a number of issues that would cause passenger feet to clip when seated in the Class 166.

· Fixed an issue with the automatic brake keyboard controls in the Class 66.

· Fixed an issue with overlapping buffers when coupling to the FKA wagons in the Class 66.

Route

· Fixed a number of instances where the OHLE were missing between some gantries.

· Fixed a number of floating signs at Maidenhead Station.

· Fixed some incorrectly placed foliage at West Ealing Station.

· Fixed some instances of signal gantries and signals not casting shadows.

· Fixed a number of issues with fences.

· Fixed some instances of floating signs.

· Added some instances where ‘stop blocks’ were missing in Platforms 9 to 14 at Paddington.

· Fixed some instances of missing textures.

· Fixed some instances of inappropriate platform markers.

· Fixed an issue with the representation of signals on the Underground tracks.

Audio

· Fixed an issue where the door hustle alarm could not be heard in the Class 166.

· Fixed an issue with missing ambient audio for the Class 166 in the Locomotive Selection Menu.

· Fixed an issue with missing ambient audio for the Class 43 in the Locomotive Selection Menu.

· Fixed an issue with missing ambient audio for the Class 66 in the Locomotive Selection Menu.

Collectables

· Fixed an issue with collectable progression data that would be reset in some unique circumstances.

CSX EMD GP40-2

· Added localisation in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish and Russian.

Gameplay

· Fixed an issue with the Power Line Scenario that could not be completed.

Locomotive

· Fixed an issue with a large gap in the lower part of the Engineer’s Window when seen from the exterior.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Please add the build number to the title as it makes it easier to identify the correct update thread in which to post.

EDIT: Stunned to see a 2GB update. The Rapid Transit DLC isn't due until 18:00 GMT so that isn't the cause of the patch size.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Aggregate Industries isnt fixed - you can not uncouple the wagons at acton yard.

+
    going to your profile and then looking at locos, the 166 doesnt have a picture and the "best train" tab is blank
    also cant get control+enter to work on the 66

4. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

control+enter just done. Works fine with me.

profile the text under best train is indeed blank.

5. bvk

bvk New Member

Hey, I have a performance improvement! The FPS are almost doubled and I see more CPU usage, well done! I'm now curious if the UE4 crashes are also things from the past... ;-)

6. PlaysWithTrains

PlaysWithTrains New Member

And for the future, how about adding the build date to the Settings screen where we already see the number? That would be helpful. Meanwhile, Steam isn't picking up the update for me (unless it installed in the background and I didn't notice). Will someone please post the build number here? (Mine's 129). Thanks all.

7. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Did you signed in to the beta patch? Then you must set it back to normal to get the update.

8. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Build 209 on my system.

9. MillerPC

MillerPC Active Member

Still didn't see anything about Trains always being on in Yards or Idling. I hope it's fixed in this DLC or update. (or both)

10. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

The current build should be #209

- Jay

11. chrisvazquez7

chrisvazquez7 Active Member

Was the Mission Possible achievement finally fixed?

12. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

AWS and DSD can't be enabled on Class 166 now it seems. Neither visually nor by hotkeys.

13. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Works for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Apparently it works in one end of the Class 166 only. I tried it myself and couldn't get it on.

15. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

I can get it on in both cabs..

16. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

You're lucky.

Matt demonstrated the problem in his own stream tonight. Affects eastbound services only apparently. He said he instructed his team on exactly what is causing the issue and they're planning on fixing it.

17. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Hello to DTG staff and TSW Community!

Can you provide more details about solutions in this update to us?
    Some of the issues listed above are not included in this update build#209 !

General
    · Fixed a number of issues with the Save & Load feature.
    What issues has been fixed? I don't experience any change!

CSX Heavy Haul
    Gameplay

· Fixed a number of issues with the Switching Tutorial.
    I am not sure about number of othres but this one is FIXED!
    · Fixed a number of issues in the Powering America: Part 1 scenario.
    What issues has been fixed? I can't confirm this in #209

Locomotives
    · Improved the appearance of snow on the EMD SD40-2.
    I can't confirm this in #209. No snow appearance on second step!

Route
    · Fixed a number of issues with speed limits and trackwork.
    I can't confirm this in #209 (I know 4 places - one on picture) 20171216162445_1.jpg
    · Fixed a number of instances of floating foliage.
    I can't confirm this in #209 (The trees at this location still floating) 20171216163150_1.jpg
    · Relocated a tree that would invade the cab of locomotives.
    I can't confirm this in #209. Going Westbound to Mance I actually counted 5 such cases!
    (it's hard to take screenshot of this when you driving:)) 20171217100946_2.jpg

Collectables
    · Fixed an issue with a poster collectable that was unable to be collected. I CONFIRM !

Additional bug report:
    The AC4400CW power has been modified (weakened), but the services hasn't been modified as well.
    Two AC's don't provide sufficient hauling/dynamic_braking power for 50 autorack service consist.

The tutorial conclusion speach and subtitles doesn't appear in
    BrakesTheory, LoadingCoal!

The aircondition switch on AC4400CW is buged, can't be set to LOW FAN position properly - indicate HIGH HEAT or return to OFF. 20171216204503_1.jpg

Thanks for reply !

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. 37114

37114 Active Member

Thanks for the update but some major issues still exist with GWE.

1. Routing of AI trains is still incorrect with stopping trains being routed onto main line when they should remain on the relief lines
    2. Horrible track flickering issues in front of player train
    3. Performance is still not optimised for high end machines. I have an i7 5820, GTX 1080 and 32gb of ram and the highest smooth setting I can get is 35 fps and even then there are micro stutters
    4. Implementation of driver to guard communication on the HST is completely wrong. I'm baffled by this as you've done this before with TS HST's
    5. The service mode still only contains around 50% of the actual service that runs on the route even discounting the Heathrow Express services

I really like where this is going but these issues really need to be addressed.

Thanks and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

19. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I'm running an i7 7820HK, 16GB of RAM and a GTX 1070 and I get 60fps easily with everything maxed out. You might have an issue with your system, my machine runs this game very well.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Yep, i5-7600k, 16GB of RAM and GTX 1060 and I can also get 60fps easily.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

How are your settings? Have the same setup but only have between 30 and 40 fps

22. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

So; the game is running on a SSD and I have all settings to Ultra with VSync turned on. I believe I'm using FXAA but I'm often at battle with myself over FXAA and TAA as to which looks better.

Now if I leave my screen resolution to 100% that'll result in 60fps, no problem. I often put it higher though as I find the world looks better and that'll drop it to between 30 and 40. That's a choice I'm making though; I could leave it at 100 for 60fps.

I'm not sure if it matters but my GTX 1060 also has 6GB of VRAM.

23. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

YEah i have the same GTX 1060 with 6gb.

Have mine screen resolution on 150% what can explain why i have 30 to 40 fps :)

24. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

That's a common theme with people thinking performance is worse than it should be...always putting the screen percentage up. That is a really dangerous setting for any computer. "I have a 1080 so I can throw everything mindlessly to max settings" happens a lot, and screen percentage is the one thing that can't be mindlessly adjusted.

25. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

i don't mind 30 fps.. :) there is no lag for me and thats enough.

26. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Absolutely; I could put it up to 200% and the graphics look incredible but the performance will seriously drop. One problem is that a lot of people aren't entirely sure what screen resolution is or what it does. Tooltips on the settings window might be a good idea.

27. bvk

bvk New Member

It is a good thing to see that the performance in general got a boost, I'm happy with it! I also have a steady 60 FPS now without any drops.

28. jf1963

jf1963 New Member

Where do I find the build number on CTX Heavy Haul? Thanks!!

29. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

In the settings, lower right.

30. jf1963

jf1963 New Member

Thank you!

31. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Indeed. For each 50% increase, you're effectively doubling the load on the GPU (in simple terms). If you're running at 1080p at 200% you're rendering an Ultra HD (2160p) image and compressing it to 1080p - which is why it looks so good.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, if I may respond on a couple of points:

1. TSW is not meant to be an exact replication of the real world - it's fundamentally an entertainment title so some artistic licence has to be used in places to avoid tedium (which some players find highly annoying). The reality is that in some instances, Express Services use the Fast Lines and there are a couple of instances where Stopping Services don't stick to the Slow Lines - this is a feature and is by design.
    2. Based on this minor description, I would suggest this is a limitation of your hardware - the only issue I'm seeing when running at 1080p is a mipping issue which is fundamentally down to the AA method employed by UE4 - not something we can change directly but something we'll continue to look at for better options. Would certainly be interested in greater detail on the issue, perhaps a video would be useful?
    3. I would disagree on this - I get 60fps+ at 3840x2160 @ 200% screen percentage on an Intel Core-i9 7980EX, GTX1080Ti and 64GB RAM, which is about as high-end as you can get. I would suggest you begin diagnosing your own machine to ascertain the cause of this - I would recommend you start with drivers and then move on to exploring any configuration changes you've made in those drivers which may be increasing the load in one area or another. Most people like to amp up their AA settings in the drivers, whilst this may seem like a good idea at the time, what it does is seriously impact the rendering performance of the card they're using - no matter how powerful they think their GPU is, it's never THAT powerful! Hope this helps but interested in hearing further info on where you get to in diagnosing the problem :)
    4. Driver/Guard communication is placeholder due to the single player nature of TSW at this moment in time - it's meant as a stop-gap-measure and nothing more.
    5. TSW is not meant to be an exact... etc.

Happy New Year all, hope you all had a great time! :)

• Like Like x 3
  32. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight, Steve!

I appreciate that DTG are a business and thus have to make money, which sometimes leads to having to find a balance between what the average player wants and what the 'die hard simulator fan' expects.

For a simulator which prides itself on offering 'ultimate realism', this strikes me as an odd choice.

For example, let's take a run from Paddington to Reading on a train which runs on the slow lines (a 2xxx). Currently it's not uncommon to be routed onto the fast lines after departing Maidenhead, and returning to the slow lines before arriving at Twyford.

These sorts of crossovers aren't realistic, and they offer little value to casual players and to the die-hards as anyone can see that there was no need for the crossover: the tracks are empty! DTG could've done better storytelling here, for example by having a stationary train there ("oh, I'm being moved to the left as I'm going to overtake that goods train! Yeah!*"). In that way, you could've combined "avoiding tedium" with the "ultimate realism" claim.

Additionally, if the freight train would be a drivable service it would be a more interesting run as the driver would not only see greens. :)

Right now there is neither of that which leads to GWE feeling a bit dead, and buggy. Which is a shame, because I feel that there's a lot of potential in the platform (especially after devtools are released).

* In real life the signaller would probably keep the freight train running as halting it causes more disruption, but for a simulation I could accept different choices being made.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

This please. Both available AA options give different sorts of unpleasant artifacts. Since I've recently got a 3440x1440 display I can't afford to use supersampling anymore. I'd sell my soul for TXAA, but also would at least place Matt's portrait in a photo frame for good ole MSAA.

http://store.xitricity.skydreams.ws/6o2om1h5.mp4 (tracks and fences)
    That's one example (TAA probably), there's also something that looks like Z-fighting between snow and sleepers in low snow cover conditions. Don't have a video at hand.

Also this one (tracks)
    http://store.xitricity.skydreams.ws/83mlvgw2h.mp4
    This is actually stock config on video, with viewdistance hack it looks less terrible (a bit)

Thanks, all constructive answers are appreciated ;)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  34. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

My theory is that GWE's services are a "snapshot" of a real day's activities on the real route and while we can't see anything on the tracks, there may have been some service not yet implemented or track workers, for instance.

35. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

The available AA options are difficult to work with; I just can't get GWE to a point where I'm satisfied with how it looks. Even when CSX and Rapid Transit look stunning I struggle with GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  36. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I agree on the whole crossover thing...I highly highly doubt it is intentional what goes on, Matt himself always refers to the bogus crossovers and traffic jams they make in a derogatory way, and he's the one in charge of services. And even if it is intentional...there are some fundamentally broken things. A 7 train pile up caused by a 66 waiting to cross over but being blocked by a 166 can't possibly be intentional.

• Like Like x 1
  37. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

GWE's service mode timetable is based on GWR's timetable at the time of when the route was built, although the number of services is severely less compared to what's running in real life. For example, in real life 7 GWR trains depart from London Paddington for Hayes & Harlington between 08:00 and 09:00. In GWE, there are four.

That's fine, as DTG has had a lot of work to do for GWE (after all, it's the first UE4-based train simulator with passengers) and service mode's current timetable gives a lot of trains to play with. Personally I'm eager to get my hands on some development tools. Hopefully it's then possible to add additional services to the service mode timetable (or have multiple timetables) which can really bring the GWE GWML to life.

It would be nice if there is some way to import/export service and timetable data, as drawing each train's schedule by hand would be rather tiresome. Maybe the Network Rail SCHEDULE feed format could be of inspiration? :)

38. TrainSim-Steve

Yeah sure, I'm not saying we've got it right. I guess what I'm saying is that we still have some learning to do to find the right way of doing things. One thing's clear though, we have lots of loyal fans and followers, just like you, that continuously provide us with great insight, feedback and guidance on how we can do things better - we're certainly paying attention and doing our best.

What might not be clear right now is that there are still many unannounced features for TSW that will hopefully sort all the problems out as we bring them online - so all I'll say is keep watching and you may just be surprised :)

• Like Like x 1
  39. TrainSim-Steve

Thanks for the videos Jef-F, will certainly make sure they find the right people when they eventually get back in the office.

40. TrainSim-Steve

I get what you mean and I know there's been some further work being done on the environmental stuff, which will hopefully make it along in due course. AA has always been a bit of a tricky beast, there's always a tradeoff between the benefits - good visuals but stringy objects look poor or disappear entirely or might make things look awesome but then you get weird artifacts, etc. As I mentioned above, I think there's still more work to do and I know Matt is committed to finding a solution to the TAA concerns - he does feel it's the best method for AA, just need to find a solution that doesn't produce the artifacts.

41. TrainSim-Steve

Sure, and as I've said above, there are still things we're learning as we go but please always keep in mind that we always need to consider the lowest common denominator, those players who don't have powerhouse computers and certainly, when TSW makes it to Xbox One, it will kind of make sense why some things have to be tamed a little - at least until we get more of the features in that we haven't spoken about as yet. We're certainly looking forward to the day that you guys can start making your own content for TSW :)

42. Kalikowsky

Kalikowsky New Member

And I'm still disappointed about realism here.. GWE have cool things like climate control options,heating etc.. Rapid transit dont have those options...

43. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Kind of low on the list of issues in my opinion. That feature offers nothing to the player other than the ability to hit a switch or a turn a dial. I would rather see other things that have been documented here worked rather than that, personally.

• Like Like x 3
  44. Kalikowsky

Kalikowsky New Member

Thtat's right but for me is a little kind of features "downgrade". GWE have those options,but RT is without those details... And in my opinion this is beginning of commercialization.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Govind Pandey

Govind Pandey New Member

Yes it doesn't work for me too