Xbox Scenario Planner - East Coastway

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by pauham11, Sep 17, 2020.

1. pauham11

pauham11 New Member

Used the scenario planner to run a service from Lewes to Seaford, using the 377, but the scenario has the train facing the wrong way, and if you try to switch to using the other end, it asks if you want to give up control of the train. Hard to drive backwards if you wanted to not use the UI or external cameras.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

When it asks if you want to give up control, choose "begin". This will allow you to sit in the correct driving seat and drive forwards all the way to Seaford. The scenario works fine if you do that, including the cameras.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Can you detail the creation steps that resulted in being in the wrong cab when the scenario start?
    It shouldn't do that :)

I'll try and repro it myself

4. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

This is what I did (PS4):
    Start marker = Lewes Platform 3
    Select path = Brighton-Seaford
    End marker = Seaford Platform 2
    Select stops = all of them
    Locomotive = Class 377/4 SN
    Formation = any of the 3 listed as available, they all had the same effect
    Start time = 12.00, player service, passenger service
    Service begins facing towards Brighton with a red signal ahead
    Changed cabs and everything works fine.

5. TrainSim-Adam

Roger that. I'll give it a try.

One thing, do you see several Class 377 formations with [Loaded] and [Empty] at the end of their names?
    If not, you don't have the latest update (I know there have been some issues with it appearing on console and the team has been working with Microsoft and Sony to resolve that asap).

6. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

Thanks - yes, there are 3 available formations listed. SN Class 377/4 4 car empty, SN Class 377/4 4 car loaded, and Class 377/4 SN - so all the ones which are 82m long. There are 4 other formations listed in red, presumably because they're too long for the platform.

7. TrainSim-Adam

I can confirm I get the same results. I've made a note to look into it.

Lewes Platform 3 has come up twice on my radar now. Interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  8. pauham11

pauham11 New Member

Checked what the creation steps I used were. Start: Lewes Platform 3, End: Seaford Platform 2, no intermediate stops, Formation: Class 377/4 SN, Player service, passenger service, start time: 12:00. Also, since it was asked, I can only see two formation options for the 377, the 377/4 SN option, and the 2x 377/4 SN option. There are only two formations for the Class 66 aswell, being Class 66 EWS and Class 66 EWS + JNA x15. Followed the suggestion of trying to use the other cab and ignoring the warning message, and can confirm it then allows you to drive in the right direction, bit annoying though that it starts you off in the wrong cab. Also be good if it recognised both cabs as being apart of the same train/service and allowed you to freely switch between them without a message.

9. TrainSim-Adam

If anyone spots any more start points exhibiting this same behavior do please let us know.

pauham11 It looks like you don't yet have the latest version. The console team is still working on why this is. Can you get in touch with DTG via Kayako and let them know, if you haven't done so already.

10. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

I'm glad you asked :)

I tried creating different scenarios on the Brighton-Seaford route, using the same creation steps as above, but starting at a different station every time. So class 377/4, passenger and player service, start time 12.00, stopping at all stations.

If you start the scenario from Brighton, the train is pointing in the right direction. If you start the scenario from any other station on the route, it places you on the correct line but at the wrong end of the train facing a red signal. So this doesn't only happen at Lewes.

Then I tried the route in reverse from Seaford-Brighton. This works fine. Whichever station you start the scenario at, you're facing in the right direction.

Next I tried the Brighton-Eastbourne route. If you create a scenario from Brighton-Eastbourne, you're facing the right way at the start. If you create one from any other station on the route and heading towards Eastbourne, you're facing the wrong way.

Then Eastbourne-Brighton. No problems there, and wherever you start the scenario the train is pointing in the right direction.

So overall, if you start a scenario from a terminal station, everything works properly. But if you start from any other station, the train is pointing towards Brighton whether you want to go there or not.

The only time this doesn't happen is if you create a scenario with a class 66 going from Lewes (platform 1) to Newhaven aggregate siding. That does start in the right direction (i.e. away from Brighton).

I tried using the class 66 for some of the passenger service scenarios above, just in case it was the class of train that made the difference. It didn't. For those passenger services, the class 66 starts facing the wrong way too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

I can confirm the loaded and unloadeds arent there, nor are the 5, 10 and 15 car JNAs, will we get the option to use platform 5 at lewes too?

12. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

platform 5 is the bay platfrom! and can we have the ablitty to do lewes to eastbourne from the platform 1, and vice versa to P2

• Like Like x 1
  13. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

There's also the 12 car 377s missing on xbox which I think are present in the scenario planner on other platforms.

14. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I can confirm the issue and reported it before. It is a bit cumbersome to write out all creation steps. Is it an idea that we just include the created scenario when reporting an issue?

The scenario planner still has a lot of issues. I think one of the most annoying is that you need to open doors at the wrong side.

15. Teza

Teza Member

I don't have this update, and its been over 2 weeks from the 8th September update and East Coastway is still not fixed on Xbox
    iv uninstalled the game and reinstalled everything to see if this helps, but its the same
    is this add-on getting the update fix it needs ?

16. TrainSim-Adam

Sorry to still hear this Teza. The team is aware and we are still discussing the issue with Microsoft. Apologies for the delay.

17. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member