Dovetail Live Lost Profile And Progress

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by breblimator, Sep 24, 2020.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Already made some ticket
    Can anybody cheer me up and say it's reversible? :D

UPDATE

Plus, I can't log-in to the Support page for a status check.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2020
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

if you are on PC yes check the savegames map then edit the backup by removing backup and then you can do it i think

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I don't think I understand exactly how to do this :D

I'm fresh out of the disk format.
    Fresh Windows installation.

Can it be restored from the cloud?

4. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Is there a cloud?

Savegames are located in C:
    Save2.PNG
    (Sorry for the german directory)

If i'm wrong, please correct me, but i think your progress is gone.
    Except you have made a backup.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CowBoyWolf

ummm well idk how to explain i would recommend hitting a DTG staff member up maybe DTG Protagonist

• Like Like x 1
  6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I made I ticket on Support WWW. But can not trace it now - can not log-in to the page.
    Oh, it's not a problem :) Local Saved Games are gone. I wonder if the data is stored by DTG or Steam on-line.

UPDATE

The trouble is, I don't know now, create a new account and play from the beginning (I wanted medals, etc.) or wait a few days for a reaction from the Technical Support. This is the origin of my crying here :D

I know I can play just for fun :D yhyhy

7. CowBoyWolf

hmmm for me its saves a backup when the game gets unistalled

• Like Like x 2
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I'm pretty sure (TSW1, 2020) - after returning to the game in these cases, my profile was available, but I might be wrong.
    Now, it's gone, so I am wondering, is it possible to get it back :D
    Backups are pretty dead, yhyhy
    I can log-in to DTG Live, but I can not to page above. <- SOLVED (another password in another e-mail / didn't noticed)

9. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Yes, thats right. But he reinstalled Windows too ;)

Savegames and Profiles are looking like this:
    Saved.PNG
    Without a manual backup it's all gone, i hope there really is a cloud.

• Like Like x 1
  10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This is not a drama, but for me (for a pedant), it is a BIG problem :D
    I will wait for a response from DTG.
    Thanks, gentlemen, for your support!

• Like Like x 1
  11. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

If you formated your HDD/SSD then im sorry to inform you, but there is no way to get it back from your hardware, as for Steam, this game is not being synced into the cloud, if you have OneDrive, and selected your Documents folder then you might have a chance to get it back, if you dont use OneDrive, then all you can do is start from scratch! I found out about the game being non Steam cloud synced when i wanted to play on my pc at home, and laptop on vacation, i had to manually copy the files, then after playing on the laptop copy them back onto my main PC! Hope this helps!

• Like Like x 2
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I use Backup and Sync from Google & OneDrive too, but... these TSW folders are not on the list. So, yeah :D

13. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

Oops, man that sucks, then the only thing left is DTG, im not sure if they keep a copy of the profile on cloud, furthermore i think because of GDPR they even cant, unless they ask permission, so my bet is they dont..
    Try to look harder in the Google drive and OneDrive backups, it could be hidden somwhere there!

14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I have mostly complaints to myself, but not only.

Yesterday I was greeted with a message about logging out of DTG Live and losing game saves.
    I couldn't hit cancel or any other 'don't want'. There was no such possibility, only the message itself.
    I figured it was literally losing game saves (the one we have at our disposal), not necessarily deleting the entire profile.
    Windows was crashing down in front of my eyes, I followed the blow >>> format c: /s :D
    The effect is as I have described it.

15. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

Hmm, never had that happen, nor seen such a message within the game! Aynways, do try to look in your backups, could be there, maybe you didnt look hard enough!

16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I use GoogleDrive and OneDrive for years. These folders aren't on my sync-list :D I am 100% sure.

17. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

Well, then make sure to have them synced in the future :D

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Oh man, this is bad. Not only profile-progress is lost, but also Steam Achievements too. Everything starts count from ZERO.
    E.g 30 RSN services are still 30 on Steam, but to get to 31 I need to do 31 from scratch.
    :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2020
  19. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Oh no that feels so bad :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...just to confirm- you have system backups configured on your pc, but the files related to TSW 2 were not on the list to be backed up- is all of that correct? If they weren’t on that backup list, do you have any other backup processes running that might’ve caught these files? If not, the only thing left to check is whether DTG has any profile backups on their side to restore from... I seriously doubt they do, but you can always ask.

I’m sorry to hear about all of this, and I wish you the best of luck in recovering your files (and your game progress). It’s one thing to have bugs, issues and such in TSW 2... but quite a different story when these ‘issues’ cause folks to lose all of their progress in the game. If DTG fixes *any* issue sooner than later, I’d say this is the one.

(DTG- Would anyone care to comment on this issue? It looks like this player lost critical files related to his progress in TSW 2 due to some sort of game issue. I also know this same issue has happened at least a few times in TSW 2020... so it looks like TSW 2 is affected by this as well. This issue really needs to be fixed- if no one is looking into this on your side, this will continue to impact players.)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  21. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Thanks for your support! :)

I am quite a conscious Windows user and unfortunately, I am sure this data cannot be recovered on my side.
    I submitted the topic to DTG Support. We will see. Silence for now. I'm waiting patiently. There must be a long line :D

This is a sad thing, You are right!
    I think I'll have to deal with it somehow, hehe
    For me, it's part of the fun, all these decorations, sometimes a motivator. Well... Happens.

22. BigH

BigH Active Member

On PS4, when you log out of Dovetail Live, the game tells me i loose my progress online (Mastery?), but it doesn´t affect my local game save. I don´t think DTG keeps a save file in the cloud, because you can play both games without internet connection.

Still, sorry to read that. Things happen. I played through Mafia 3 twice recently, only to learn that the last trophy i need for Platinum is bugged :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  23. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Hehe, sorry to hear that :)

I remembered now, I saw a YouTube video once, the guy was going through one of the games of the DarkSouls universe over and over again for a year, trying to avoid any injuries. And here I am complaining about such bull!@#$ :D

He finally succeeded

• Like Like x 1
  24. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

you shall succeed in replaying all services and finally get all achievements at one point as well :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Curiosity.

A moment ago my Logbook looked different... And now:
    Levels Accumulated 4
    Miles Driven 3172

What's weird about that? Proportions. I have created a new profile. However, this data somehow goes to DTG Live. Some are cumulative, others are not, for example, Levels.

Support is not responding, and maybe I am overwriting my progress in their database now? oops :D

UPDATE

I have the Power! Natster :D :D :D where are You?

26. Stockton Rails

...that’s strange about the unexpected stats. Does the miles-driven stat seem about right- is it more or less where you were in the game? I have no idea if the local files on our systems have ties into info on the DTG side regarding stats, progress, etc... it would take someone knowledgeable on the DTG side to get a straight answer on this.

• Like Like x 1
  27. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Before this all happens, I was about to 86 or something. Don't remember the rest, but seems to be adequate to 86 (LVL). The new
    Levels Accumulated is the only strange thing and it corresponds to my actual in-game level for the new profile (4).

PS I'm worried, this data was recoverable and now I'm 'overwriting' it :( :( :(

It looks like DTG is somehow syncing this data, maybe once a day.

28. Stockton Rails

I understand your worry about unintentionally overwriting your profile data on the DTG side... since you already have a ticket open for this, maybe you should run that by tech support folks and see what they have to say.

• Like Like x 1
  29. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I'm waiting politely!
    Shall I not play now? :(
    They won't be back to work until after the weekend :D

PS I have to take people to work and on trips, and I have to carry goods ... Well, I can't take a break, after all :)

30. Stockton Rails

...yeah, I might actually do that if I were you. Not sure it will help you get anything back that might be on their side, but I think it’s worth a try. Stay positive, update the thread once you know more. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  31. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

I must chime in again, so as to my limited knowledge of the TSW series, none of the profile data (progress in game) is synced anywhere but your own pc, the log book is a new feature, under beta, and your issue with miles accumulating, but levels being correct could all be just that, beta things.. Steam cloud also does not work for this game, as i tried to play on multiple PCs and had to manually copy my files to google disc, or an usb, or have it sync daily over google drive or such, so i repeat, i am almost certain DTG nor Steam have any backups, or do daily/hourly syncs!

• Like Like x 1
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Support replied. They cannot help. This data is only stored on the user's side.
    Take care of your data :D Regards!

PS An interesting fact, as it turned out, Steam (achievements in progress) data is also stored only on the user's side, at least in the case of TSW. Such a fate, ha!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2020
  33. polluce#7581

polluce#7581 New Member

Hi guys, just a simple question. considering what breblimator wrote, what is the usefulness of the Dovetail account? I'm in the same situation, SSD dead without a backup of Train Sim and all the achievements and progress lost