Northeast Coastal, Middleborough - Newcastle

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by paulandrewash, Sep 24, 2020.

1. paulandrewash

paulandrewash New Member

Hi,

I'd like to propose a suggestion for a route. That been UK Northeast Coastal, Middleborough - Newcastle, time period settings could be the same as the tees valley period of the '80s or a more current period of time. The route could include several commuter stops if set in the current time period. However, if set in the 80's there are several mining villages as part of the mainline examples been Blackhall, Horden, Easington, and Seaham that supported the UK's coal industry and gives numerous opportunities for scenarios and timetables.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Northern Trains and TPE serve the route.

3. paulandrewash

paulandrewash New Member

Indeed and with the new stations and linked to other parts of the already established addons, interesting scenery including iconic landmarks, bridges, and viaducts I think it would be an interesting route.

4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

My local :D

I actually did a proposal for this set in the early 2000s but that thread's just tumbleweed lol. It would be very nice to see this route. I believe it was 1992 Easington Colliery closed, so there's no excuse for putting a bleeding 101 in it ;) My local colliery, Murton, IIIRC closed in 1991 and there was a freight only link from it that joined at Ryhope, which closed in 1992 as it was used to ferry any coal that was left and hadn't been shifted.