List Of Interesting Timetable Scenarios?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cwf.green, Sep 23, 2020.

1. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

For me what is most entertaining when driving trains is when you are following another train and have to anticipate adverse signal aspects and prepare/react to them. Also scenarios where you might have to stop to let another train through, basically anything where the signals aren't just all green and the scenario is non-stop.

Has anyone encountered such timetable trains in the game (or third party created ones)?

I can remember one of the Kreutzal - Letmathe coal trains on RSN (sorry, can't remember it's exact name atm but I'll get back with the scenario name) have you following a stopping service so you will need to slow down or stop for red signals, but I have never encountered this on the East Coastway, Sand Patch or TVL.

Does anyone have any examples?

• Like Like x 2
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

RSN is the most interactive I guess.
    SKA with THIS mod also has an 'unclear moments'.

UPDATE

We need dispatcher utility, preferably with multiplayer, to create such situations! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yes.

• ICE services from Aachen to Köln always follow a Talent service, expect adverse signals in the 2nd half of the journey.
    • Baby Bullet services on Peninsula Corridor often follow an all-stops service for a small part of the journey.
    • On East Coastway some services are stopped by an adverse signal when entering Bristol or when entering/leaving Lewes.
    • On Tees Valley a few freight services departing from the yard may need to wait a small moment for a passenger train to depart before allowed to enter the main track.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cwf.green

I've only briefly driven the freight train scenarios for the Muff mod. Are some of these actually following stopping services?

"On East Coastway some services are stopped by an adverse signal when entering Bristol or when entering/leaving Lewes."
    I presume you mean Brighton? :D
    Interesting about the Baby Bullet services, unfortunately I don't own that DLC but you made me tempted to buy it hehe.

I wish DTG would implement a randomizer in the services. So for a service train it would wait at stations slightly longer or slightly shorter and arrive slightly earlier or slightly later. Although I foresee the chaos of this system (it would be both stochastic and chaotic) to cause problems that probably only a human dispatcher could untangle. Maybe if you could program some simple rules for the dispatcher and maybe a delete function in case the player train was stopped for more than x minutes. Sounds like a problem for a computer science class :D

• Like Like x 3
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Great and simple idea!

Maybe that's just my impression. I also did just a few. I'm waiting for MSB & RRO rolling stock for that.

UPDATE

Even ICE is there on the red when approaching Köln, but isn't the same without this mod? Don't remember...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2020
  6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I do. Mixed up the two. Got the first three letters correct though. :P

There's only a few Baby Bullet services on the timetable, and most of the run is still with clear signals (which does make sense).

See videos below of my runs on Baby Bullet services, with only Peninsula Corridor and none of the other loco DLC for that route.

7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I remember on RSN there are also standard freight services where you need to stop in between and exchange some wagons. I was very happy to see these kind of timetable services! Very interactive without it being a scenario!

8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I am creating a tool called TimetableTool. Alpha downloads are available. What you can do is enter a timetable and the you can watch the graphs showing where trains meet or pass each other. It accuracy depends on the accuracy you enter the timetable. I will extend the tool for better support of the scenario planner. It has to wait a while, because I am now hacking the Scenario Planner files (which is a huge amount of work). When that is finished, I will publish an update to TSWTools, specific for TSW2 and then work further on TimetableTool.

If you want to try it, it comes with some TSW2020 time tables.
    https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator

• Like Like x 5
  9. cwf.green

That looks very interesting!

10. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

its without too