Xbox Peninsula Corridor Bug List

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by CrazyDash, Sep 25, 2020.

1. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Hey guys! I will be going over all of the main and most noticeable bugs on Peninsula Corridor in TSW2. I have played peninsula corridor ever since it got released about a year ago. I have found a decent amount of bugs that should be fixed. Be aware I may update this if I ever find new bugs.

TSW2 Bugs
    I’m gonna start with talking about bugs that I found when this got converted to preserved collection.

LIGHTING TEXTURE BUG

upload_2020-9-24_20-47-4.jpeg
    upload_2020-9-24_20-47-25.jpeg

As you can see within these two images, the textures for lighting do not look right. It’s really annoying to look at.

HORN QUIETER WHEN WINDOW OPEN ON F40PH
    The horn seems to be much quieter when the window was open. I close the window and the horn is surprisingly louder. This isn’t a major bug but I think the horn should be louder when the window is open.

OCCASIONALLY NOT BEING ABLE TO GO INTO EXTERIOR VIEW
    I am still investigating why this is happening. I attempt to go into exterior view. But when I click exterior, nothing happens. I tried a couple more times but it didn’t work.

UPDATE: I discovered this only happens when going under the underpasses between San Francisco and 22nd Street. I’m guessing the objective was to not be able to use exterior cameras in tunnels but I feel like you should be able to go into exterior view when under the underpasses

UP GP38-2 HORN RANDOMLY STOPS WORKING
    Now you may be asking. Didn’t this bug happen in TSW1? Why yes. But this bug is now slightly different than the one in the previous version. In the previous game, it just cuts out of nowhere. But in TSW2, the horn suddenly goes a note down and the horn slowly fades out. About every 1-2 minutes the horn then suddenly fades back in and then back out. I am having this exact same issue on CSX Sand Patch Grade as well. The only way to fix this is by saving your game and reloading what you were doing. This bug is very strange and really needs to be fixed.

BUGS FROM TSW2020

These are bugs that are already in game before TSW2’s release

HILLSDALE CROSSING GATES UP
    upload_2020-9-24_21-24-58.jpeg

As you can see in this picture, the crossing gates are up. This crossing is located between Hayward Park and Hillsdale.

F40PH SOUND BUG
    If you go into an exterior view on the F40ph-2CAT, occasionally, the exterior sounds still play when inside the cab. The only ways around this is to keep going into exterior view and interior view until it stops. It can take one try or several tries. The easier way is getting out of the driver seat and then sitting back down. Most of the time that fixes it. This bug really annoys me since I usually like watching my train from exterior view.

TRAINS OPENING INCORRECT DOORS ON SOME SERVICES/PLATFORMS AT SAN FRANCISCO (Image in comments)
    I’m not fully sure if this bug is based off of specific timetable services or the platform trains are on at San Francisco. But on some timetables, you are required to open doors that exit onto tracks.

UNNECESSARY X2 CROSSING SIGN AT ATHERTON
    upload_2020-9-24_21-20-52.jpeg

This sign is located near Atherton station. A railroad crossing is located right after the station going north. There is only one crossing when passing this sign when going north. This sign should be a single X crossing sign. This should be an easy fix to remove this.

SPECIAL SERVICE SIGNAL BUG (Attached in comments)
    When doing the special service, you are behind a limited service train. The limited stop train stops at South San Francisco. I was approaching a signal about a mile and a half out from South San Francisco that was red. However, after several seconds, the signal suddenly turns green. I proceed through it. I’m then heading full speed towards South San Francisco and then I see the stopped limited stop train and crash into it. This is a major bug that needs to be fixed. It’s already an issue that the limited service gets to depart San Francisco minutes after the special service is supposed to depart. But this really needs to be fixed. If you do stop at the green signal the signal minutes later turns red.

HEADLIGHTS DONT TURN OFF ON AI TRAIMS WHEN CHANGING DIRECTIONS
    For example: An ai train arrives at San Francisco. And then it needs to turn around back to San Jose. When the service begins, the headlights on the locomotive turn on but the cab car headlights don’t. If I’m playing timetable mode for multiple services, most trains I pass have their rear headlights on and it blares into the cab. The simple fix needed for this is when a service begins and the train is changing directions, make the headlights on the rear of the train turn off.

SOME CONTROL SOUNDS DONT PLAY
    This happens fairly often. Here is the list of controls that don’t always play their respected sounds:
    F40ph:
    Horn Release
    Brakes Release
    Bell Off
    Brakes: Service to Lap

I am still investigating sounds that don’t play on the other dlc’s.

SOME COUPLING SOUNDS DONT PLAY

When decoupling from a consist, no sort of sounds play when decoupling trains fairly often.

AUDIO LOOPS OVERLAPPING
    This is a general bug for most American routes but I’ll include this anyways. Sounds tend to overlap as it seems. Or is is some sort of audio bug. This mostly occurs on the engine sounds of a locomotive. It also occurs on the cab car horns when in the cab. It gets really annoying to hear the the looping of the sounds overlap and bug out.

TREES COLLIDING WITH TRAINS (Picture in comments)
    This only occurs on the northbound side of the route. This occurs between Burlingame and Millbrae. When on higher level trains such as the Nippon Gallery Car, the train collides with tree branches. Simply branches need to be removed from trees that do this so this doesn’t occur.

BABY BULLET TRAINS AND GALLERY CAB CAR HAVING SENSITIVE THROTTLE CONTROLS

When simply increasing or decreasing throttle on the MP36-3C, Bi Level Cab Car, and Gallery Cab car, using the throttle on them are very touchy. Simply pressing the right trigger once can push the train up to for example notch 3 when you only want to go to notch 1.

GLITCHING INTO TRAIN WHEN GETTING IN AS PASSENGER (Picture in comments)
    This is a bug I just discovered. I was getting in a train as a passenger. I press climb steps, and then I suddenly glitch into the train and I couldn’t move. I think I did it as a passenger was getting out of the train but I cannot confirm.

FLOATING CARS (Picture in comments)
    Road vehicles levitate in the air. Nothing else is needed to be said.

I will post pictures of the rest of the bugs in the comments

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  2. CrazyDash

Floating vehicles:
    upload_2020-9-24_22-43-54.jpeg
    Glitching into train:
    upload_2020-9-24_22-45-31.jpeg
    Incorrect doors opening: upload_2020-9-24_22-45-54.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  3. CrazyDash

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The special train, which comes with the Switcher DLC is still snarling the route for service 143 Baby Bullet Cab Car in TSW 2, which means you cannot complete this service or the Baby Bullet Cab Car Chapter in Journey Mode.

As this is a bug affecting the ability to complete a service, it should be considered a priority by DTG in line with their set out priorities.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

An addition to the sound issues. I’ve had the engine sound disappear on the F40PH, so there appears to be a general issue with sounds not always playing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

I do not know if it is an issue on XBOX also, but for me, on PC. Loading a previously saved service corrupts the services schedule. Making it unable to complete the scenarion.
    Ruhr Sieg Nord has the same issue for me.

7. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Right here. As is always said on the streams, as this type of issue which prevents you from finishing your 1hr+ commitment to completing the service, it should be a high priority bug fix, right DTG Natster ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

kevin.charb81 This is already being looked into, as for severity of fixes we aim to sort out problems that completely stop people from playing at all first, for example game crashes.

This is understandably very frustrating, especially if you are unable to complete the service.

• Like Like x 3
  9. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I would like to add the although obviously not game but instead extremely immersion breaking and very annoying missing water in the area between Bayshore and South San Francisco.
    With the improved lighting of TSW2 it became even more noticeable and makes me angry everytime when passing by - although the rest of the route looks far better of course. ;)

By the way, would it be possible to add the static consists in San Francisco of the PC version to consoles as well since it's running far smoother now?
    I remembered some freight wagons standing on one of the sidings in one of Matt's streams some months ago. That'd be cool ;) .

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

The missing water texture in the SF Bay Area (especially on the consoles) is what still annoys me too. Without the water the area looks like a wasteland after an extreme climate change. Of course the route looks a lot better now as part of the Preserved Collection, especially on the PS4 Pro with its 4K presentation, but this important detail has to be fixed.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Also happening on Ps4...

• Like Like x 2
  12. CrazyDash

It might have been fixed. I’ve done several F40 timetables and I haven’t had a single issue like that. I did have that issue in TSW2020 though.

13. CrazyDash

I’m not on pc so I don’t know. I’ve had occasions where I needed to save my game to finish it later and it loaded perfectly fine for me.

14. CrazyDash

I never even knew there was water there. I guess it makes sense since I saw the map for the line