Field Of View/focus Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Hi thanks for looking.

I have a problem recently with my field of view focus inside and outside the cab. It's worse in the cab where when I'm looking directly out of the windscreen the inside of the cab is blurry and when I look down at the cab controls the view of the outside goes blurry! It's like the driver is focusing on the objects being directly looked at? Also outside view is the same, looking ahead and everything close to the train is blurry and when looking closer to the train everything ahead is blurry. It's never been like this in the past. I've reset all my graphics cards global settings still no different. Please does anyone have any ideas?

I'm playing @ 4k my GPU is a rtx 2060 super 16gb ddr4 and a Ryzen 7 2700x

Thanks.

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

This is the depth of field effect which can make for a nice screen grab but does nothing for driving. On the iPad but cycle through it with Shift+Alt+F4 IIRC.

3. Thanks
    Thanks for the reply and the useful info, I will give that a try.
    Thanks again.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

On the iPad?

A changeable Depth of Field was a new feature introduced to the game a few years back
    Go to Settings > Graphics > Advanced > Next and switch off Depth of Field

Peter

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

In my PC I change it with Ctrl.+shift+f4, some times it is nice to use.

6. JJTimothy

Yes- I'm on my iPad at the moment (watching the cricket) not the PC so I can't check. Think Nacho is right to correct me though- Ctrl+Shift+F4 during play. You can change it in the settings too of course.

7. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

And anyone who actually read your first post understood that, not Peter though, oh no.

8. JJTimothy

Oh I dunno- you could certainly read it the wrong way. Pretty good match for the most part BTW but fizzled out a bit. If the West Indies captain had come in a few overs earlier they'd surely at least have made more of a game of it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Which is why I asked the Question.
    Unlike yourself who seems to know everything :mad:

But thanks for a post which did not contribute to the discussion and was just intended to try and wind people up

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

It's true, between me and my brother we know everything, go ahead ask me anything.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Problem solved, thanks again.

12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

In my experience, it does not

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Ok.
    You can not see thru the Windows from the outside of the Avanti Class 390 - the DTG Virgin one is the same - due to the tint
    But you can see thru the Windows of the Original Class 390 even though it shares the same files
    Swapping the files makes no difference

14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

No reply from the Reef - how unsurprising

15. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Reply to what? If you ask a question then ask a question, your previous post stated a fact, the new Avanti Class 390 windows are not transparent whereas the old Virgin 390 were, that's a truism not a question, and frankly something which only the bods at DTG could possibly know the reasons behind, what exactly is your point?

Oh and if you can't see the joke in the "me and my brother" thing I posted then I'm sorry Peter I truly am, I sometimes forget there are people out there completely devoid of humour it must be a terribly sad affliction for those affected, I hope you're not one of them, just be grateful there are rays of sunshine like me around to brighten your day.. ;):D

I will try and refrain from any further confusing attempts at humorous tête-à-tête with you forthwith, good day to you sir.

• Like Like x 2
  16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You just like to think you know everything