PlayStation Starting To Get Fed Up With Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mark.bolter, Sep 24, 2020.

1. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

I know it’s been mentioned that bug fixes are prioritised,and ones that don’t hinder the game are put to the back of the queue,but one good example is the American power 1 on Sandpatch where the wait for brakes message doesn’t go after 5 minutes still hasn’t been fixed and was like this before it even got to console.If you can’t continue a journey surely this scenario being one of the first should’ve been fixed sooner,like many more that have been reported?.
    So what is going on,this problem and many more like it still exist after the move over to TSW2...pretty poor show dovetail as I thought TSW2 was supposed to move us forward not stay in the past with the problems we had on TSW.
    All the technical reports that have been reported in the past have quite clearly been viewed but not repaired....again!!! ....keeping us up to date is a joke as well as in game Roadmap has not been updated either.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think this is being worked on as we speak. I’m sure Adam in the Roadmap livestream said they were removing this from the scenario to make it more fun.

3. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

I love the game,but why do I feel it’s broken before we’ve just started a new adventure

4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sadly there are a number of issues, but I do believe DTG are keen to address these issues. We just need to keep reporting them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

But issues like this should be caught before release. I'm not saying all of the timetable issues can be caught or are avoidable. But when you have five or six scenarios for each route, those should be expected to work.

The brake release message on Powering America Pt. 1 finally clears after about 10 minutes, well after they should according to the in-game prompt, and probably about 8 minutes after brake cylinder pressure has actually dropped to zero. (If the brakes do, in reality, take 5 minutes to release, this should be simulated, surely?)

• Like Like x 1
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

You have no idea how much I despise this way of thinking. Every bug (which affects any part of gameplay) hinders the game, I CANNOT use the BR185 because of the broken AFB even if techincally it does not break the game.

It's actually worse than than that, TSW2 has bugs on preserved collection which didn't exist in TSW1. e.g. every sound is broken, BR185 AFB is broken, Class 377 brake dial doesn't work etc...

Are you sure about that? At this point until I see fixes I will just assume they couldn't care less.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

If they were so keen these issues wouldn't exist in the first place.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  8. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

I agree too many issues getting through it's becoming an embarrassment at this point. They should delay all preserved and new dlc to make sure they all work and have far fewer bugs and anomalies. I'm sure fans would appreciate it i know I would. First impressions matter. Don't get me wrong I still like playing the game but all the little things wrong adds up to a big problem, people will stop playing the game and spending money on dlc. With rail sim 2021 coming soon they will have to lift their game.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...nice post- you’re touching on some of the same points I’ve been thinking about over the last few months. To expand on your comment on first impressions- the saying ‘You never get a second chance to make a good first impression’ definitely comes to mind here- and I would say DTG has a big problem in general with making good first impressions with many of their products. I feel like you do- like they really need to start taking some steps to significantly reduce the amount of bugs that reach their customer base.

I actually took the time to outline several steps a few weeks back on how DTG might be able to reduce bugs in their products and improve the experience for their customers (list below). And to this day I still haven’t rec’d a single response back from anyone at DTG ref this list- weeks later. Now why is that? What can I assume at this point, other than they really don’t care. It seems to me that DTG is more than happy to focus on generating revenue, rather than taking the steps they need to be taking to *really* clean up their products... and the way they seem to be rolling right now, that mindset likely won’t change. I think the writing is on the wall at this point... buyer beware I would say.

-slow down the pace of product being released out of the pipeline, use that free time to make any released products that much better (more bug-free)

- significantly improve the in-house testing processes (alpha and/or beta-testing and QC)... increase staffing, add more representative test systems, etc.

- create an external beta-test program where customers could sign up if they wanted to (signing NDA, volunteering to use their own systems at risk, etc)

- look into any issues with current UE v4.23a- and determine if this ver is a safe bet moving forward (i.e. is 4.23a already causing issues right now?)

- the overall goal is to increase the quality of current and future product, and *not* release more half-baked code... whatever it takes to reach that goal

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  10. defiance134

defiance134 New Member

Idk dude theirs 100 of bugs they just wont fix its like their saying so how far is that dlc the devs ahh you know were not their yet need a bit more time nope release right 25 pounds please for our broken dlc.

11. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

They won't do that, because their income is reliant on pushing out a route or loco every few months.

They won't do that, because that costs money when they're already reliant on pushing out a route or loco every few months to keep the income flowing.

They already have an external beta-tester program, it's called the customer.

See my response to number one lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I can forgive and understand why some issues such as random crashes aren't picked up in testing as its physically impossible to test every possible configuration especially on PC. But there are just too many issues that should have picked up before release, either the beta testers are not doing their job or their feedback is being ignored to meet the release schedule. I strongly suspect its the latter!

I don't like the way DTG dismiss many of the issues as minor and not game breaking, but the problem is that, collectively, there are so many of these minor issues that they do become problem. You can very easily run four or five different "drives" on different routes and locos and have problems with them all.

I know we have this new bug fixing team, but it remains to be seen how much impact they will have and how much ability they will have to actually fix issues. If they have to forward requests onto other departments internally (who will have they own deadlines for new content releases), then little/ slow progress will be made.

• Like Like x 2