PlayStation This Is Just Sad...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by proluigigamer01, Sep 26, 2020.

1. proluigigamer01

proluigigamer01 Active Member

So im streaming tsw 2 rn and ive came across 3 major glitches on the m7 with the lirr...
    Im doing the scenario race day run and the m7s propulsion were bugged heading to hempstead and heading back with it "correcting" itself at a distinct station I cant recall specifically, also when i pulled into hempstead in the same scenario i noticed the m7s numbers by the drivers window not only were unlit, rather the whole white are of the sign was missing and it was just numbers on the car body

Finally I was operating an m7 to ronkonkama via a timetable and I had it to summer rain (it still rains in the tunnels of penn station) but the propulsion was fine but at a random point as i had the wipers moving above ground they just...stopped, so i pulled into woodside, applied the emergencies, paused the game stream still running to come here to type out these annoyances..towards the end of typing this out i decided to end the stream and play war thunder knowing it'll be less frustrating than tsw 2... DOVETAIL PLEASE FIX THIS NONSENSE

heres the stream to anyone curious:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2020
  2. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Just skimmed through the entire stream, I honestly couldn't really spot much of the issues that you've mentioned.

-For the thing with the number box right above the drivers cab window, it might look like the sign was missing, but giving it a closer look (try scrubbing back and forth on the video, you can see it in specific viewing angles), there still is some contrast between the white of the sign and the blue/silver metallic body.
    This is just one of those weird lighting situations

-You mention that the propulsion seemed to be bugged. I could have honestly missed it, do you mind showing a timestamp that showed it?

-Pulling into Woodside at the very end, approaching the very end of the platform, it did seem a bit odd like there was a delayed response. However I don't think this was something caused by the sim, and you can tell by looking on the right side, where there's a pop-up that shows in what position the throttle/brakes are in. That updates in real time, as the sim interprets inputs.
    Assuming you really were trying to apply brakes with a late response input...that might've been an issue with the PS4 instead. I've also had this problem, it seems to be caused by bluetooth/wifi interference. Either there's a router too close to the PS4, or the battery on the controller is too low, which effects how well the wireless signal between the controller and the PS4 is. I'm thinking that might've been the issue there.

• Like Like x 1
  3. proluigigamer01

(During the suburban sunset scenerio i swore i heard zero m7 propulsion noises for the majority of the route)
    8:56 for a timestamp with no propulsion sound

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  4. septafan

septafan Active Member

I'm currently running change at Jamaica and the train has no sound at all.

5. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Yep, the sounds on the M7 (im not sure about the M3's) have been bugged upon release on the preserved collection. Its weird...it happens on some trains, but on others its completely fine. Sometimes I've noticed that its only just the first car that doesn't produce any sound, but the other cars in the set do produce sound. It seems to be a widespread issue, so its probably safe to say that they're aware of the issue.
    I think there's a roadmap update in a few days, hopefully we'll see this fixed by then

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Don't. People are free to air their views whether others like it or not. That's what a forum is all about, the OP didn't break any rules and doesn't need to be made fun of by other forum members no matter how insignificant.

• Like Like x 5
  7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

proluigigamer01 I'm sorry to see you were experiencing such annoyances whilst streaming, thank you for taking the time to write down your frustrations, and including the video of the stream is very helpful. Everything you have mentioned will be looked into.
    I have also edited your post slightly to remove some inappropriate language.

antony.henley please try to remember everyone is entitled to their opinions, I have removed your post as it was intentionally provocative.

• Like Like x 4
  8. BigH

BigH Active Member

On PS4 it seems that the sound mix is wrong. The track noise is there, just really, really quiet compared to like standing at the station, operating the doors or the master controller.
    I think Adam mentioned in a stream about 2-3 weeks ago different sound handling in the old and new UE and that they are gonna fix this.

• Like Like x 2
  9. proluigigamer01

thanks, glad I could help