Euro Fishing Reference Guide?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ibanez074, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Newbie here love the game so far!

Been searching and can't find any sort of easy on hand reference guide. Something that shows what each fish eat/best hook or rig for each species/which size hook for which bait. Perhaps this doesnt exist any ideas?!
    Thanks!

2. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Not sure there is bar help guides and forums like this to be honest. A generalization to a certain extent but it follows the basics of real life fishing. Big baits/Hooks 4 -6/Strong line = Big fish and small baits/small hooks 8 upwards/weaker line = smaller fish. Keep the right hook for the right bed type always to make sure regular bites come, fish to structure (changes in depth, channels, reeds etc) and keep the Spod going in regularly. You dont need to cast 80 yards to catch the biggest fish (fish margins and short distances) and follow the wind direction as if it was blowing food to parts of a lake and of course look for obvious fish signs. Certain waters/fish seem to work better with certain baits but in simplistic terms Tiger Nuts will catch large carp and Cats while maggot, worms etc will catch smaller carp, roach, bream and tench. There is some cross over as well, e.g large bream/Boss Bream will take a larger boilie. Final tip is not all waters have huge fish in, so don't try fishing with very large baits in waters that have relatively average sized fish (20lb and below). Hope that all helps...

3. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Great thanks that's exactly the sort of info I was after (I only ever done sea fishing!).
    I understand using reed hooks but what do you mean when you say fish to structure as in channels and depth?
    It does seem so far any fish will take any bait in my limited time spent catching smaller fish

4. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Exactly this and that's why nobody bother to make something like a bait reference.
    The game simply is not realistic enough for bait to matter. The only thing that matter is hook size and bait size.
    Use only this reference: small hooks with small baits for small fish. Doesn't matter if your small bait is worms , maggots , casters or whatever. Then medium hooks with medium baits for medium sized baits like 10mm dumbell , 12mm dumbell for example.
    Then big hooks with bigs baits for big fish. For example 4 hook with 18mm boilie , 18mm dumbell or 20mm tiger nuts. Which one of the 3 big baits you use doesn't really make a difference , only the size matters. I see many people swear by tiger nuts and only use that , or only 1 certain boilie. But I have many many hours on the game and I have never seen it matter. I have caught the same bosses on various different baits , but the baits was all the same type of size. Size matters is all. and obviously pairing a certain size bait to a size hook that is going to represent the bait right. A 20mm bait on a small 12 hook won't work to well. Just pair up your hook sizes with correct bait sizes and you'll do fine ;)

5. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Thanks for info. This bait thing can't be a difficult thing to fix by the developers surely??

6. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Agreed it nowhere near perfect, especially the carp will take any bait but I do find that certain baits increase the probability of a certain species being caught - So there is some benefits of using a particular bait. For example I catch far more bream using casters then I do on sweetcorn but yes I catch that species on both.

7. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

What I mean about structure is look for areas fish might like/hold in. So for example an area on the lake bed where the depth shelves at say 6ft and then drops off to 8ft - So fish just on the edge of where it shelves. Fish on the edge of reed beds or lilies or areas where the bed type changes from one to another. Fish can be caught all over the lake but you do find they shoal or patrol certain areas more regular than others.

• Like Like x 1
  8. harold

harold Active Member

time and weather setting make a massive difference and most lakes are very peggy on manor one peg you catch aload of tench always fishes the same as long as time and weather are set to same time