PC Ecw Class 377 Dra Does Not Block Traction

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rudolf, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

The class 377 DRA does not block you from applying traction.

2. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Are you sure you've enabled DRA from the right-hand side panel? Same panel where you enable AWS, etc.

DRA worked for me earlier last week.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

DRA works as intended, you should activate it. ;)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

No, I thought you just need to press the button. To be honest, I do not see a reason why you need to turn the function on or off. And, I am not a great fan of DRA, it looks a lot like a protection like button saying "Are you sure you want to delete all files?" Then you press OK and right then you remember you don't want this ... Would be interesting to see if DRA actually helps a train driver.

Thanks for your advice anyway. I will try again.

5. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I think the DRA will be of help to a driver to prevent 'ding-ding and away' incidents where the guard may accidentally give the ready to start signal on a red so this gives an extra layer of protection to prevent a spad. I can imagine this is especially useful on DOO services where there is no guard to do station duties and check the signal, so it must be hard for a driver to remember a red signal as they might do station duties almost in auto pilot so once people have finished boarding, they'll close the doors and apply power, in this instance the DOO acts a last reminder to the driver that the next signal might be at danger.

6. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

It does help the driver
    If you've passed a yellow signal, arrived and departed a station, and the next signal is red, it's easy to forget that the next signal is red and you could be doing line speed inadvertently towards it

By setting the DRA, you're reminding yourself that you need to remember something without haphazardly forgetting about it such as a red signal

• Like Like x 1