Question About Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jeremydunn8, Sep 28, 2020.

1. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. This Thursday, I’m thinking about buying TSW 2020 for a discount on the routes it provides. But my question is, will they transfer to TSW 2 without any issues? I assume they would but I would like to confirm this to see if I should go through with my purchase.

Thank you

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Any DLC you buy for TSW 2020, apart from NEC will work, free of charge in TSW 2 as part of the preserved collection. Not all of the preserved collection has been released as yet though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. jeremydunn8

So this applies even if I don’t already own TSW 2020? Sorry if I’m asking the same question but has anyone had experience with that? What I’m wanting is the collectors edition which gives me LIRR, Ruhr-seig Nord, Main Spessart-bahn and Northern Trans-Pennine (which isn’t released yet). I already own Peninsula Corridor.

If somebody can confirm I would get those 3 in TSW 2, that would be great.

4. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Yes you will get all 3 of them But you must own TSW2020 so you can get them as preserved collection in TSW2

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you buy TSW2020 collectors edition as a digital product, that will then give you the opportunity to download the routes it contains as TSW2 preserved collection as well (the ones that are available). I don’t know if it will happen immediately but it will work. Then when NTP is released as a preserved route that should be downloadable straight away. You should not have any issues.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. jeremydunn8

Alright thanks for the help everyone. If I have any issues I’ll try to get in touch with tech support. I’m looking forward to the new routes!

7. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I would be interested to know if this works, please report back.
    I am also paid later this week and this way of purchasing the DLC will save me some money.

• Like Like x 1
  8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I've purchased DLC recently in TSW1 and it instantly marks TSW2 versions as owned on the Microsoft Store. This includes any content purchased in a bundle. I got the collector's edition on sale and all of that content currently released I can play no problems in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dejin

Dejin New Member

Just as a another data point, I purchased “Train Sim World 2020 Collector’s Edition” a few days ago followed a day or two later by “Train Sim World 2”. I was previously playing the standard “Train Sim World 2020” as part of a Game Pass subscription, but realized I ultimately wanted the enhancements of Train Sim World 2. I knew the Game Pass accessible routes do not transfer to “TSW2” and wanted the Peninsular Corridor anyway and figured I’d play Ruhr-Sieg Nord sooner or later. Plus there was a 20% Game Pass discount on purchasing any TSW2020 edition so it all ended up costing less than purchasing two lines as add-ons.

With TSW2 installed, when I select the TSW2 tile in the Home Screen and use the “menu” button I can select “Manage Game & Add-Ons”. This shows the Preserved Collection add-ons that I have installed for TSW2 (Peninsula Corridor and Long Island Rail Road) and those that I own but haven’t installed yet (Ruhr-Sieg Nord). Clicking on an add-on owned, but not installed asks if I want to install it.

I also purchased “East Coastway: Brighton - Eastbourne and Seaford” for TSW 2020 to take advantage of the 10% Game Pass discount for TSW2020 add-ons, but didn’t bother installing it in TSW2020, instead installing it directly for TSW2.

So at least for me, it all seems to be working as advertised. This is on the US Xbox game store.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

I’ve done exactly the same on the UK store. I’ve bought in 2020 because I can get discount then loaded into TSW2. I’ve also bought £50 Xbox store credit cards for about 8% less on CDKeys to further reduce the cost.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PuzzledPeanut

PuzzledPeanut Member

They will work (some in the future) except NEC. and they mainly have audio issius

12. jeremydunn8

Everything installed just fine! I got the $1 game pass for the discount, so in total it only ended up costing me $48 with the added tax. I have no issues at the moment and I’m enjoying the new routes.

• Like Like x 3
  13. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Does this work in reverse? I'm tempted to get the deluxe edition of TSW 2 which comes with the East Coastway line. Because this route is part of the preserved collection, will this route transfer back to TSW2020?

14. jeremydunn8

I think so, but only with preserved collection routes. For example, the TGV route won’t work in the old game because it wasn’t ever made for that game. But don’t take my word for it, I haven’t tried it. I don’t even have the old game installed...

15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No. The preserved collection only works one way. If you buy anything for TSW2020 you get the TSW2 version of the routes or locos as well. If you buy anything for TSW2 (including any preserved routes and locos) you get only the TSW2 version.