Unfortunately, I Give Up. Too Many Bugs And Non-existent Documentation.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by batrasian63, Sep 27, 2020.

1. batrasian63

batrasian63 Member

I have this game (not simulator) since tsw 2020, I have absolutely all the dlcs. From day one I saw quite a few bugs, missions that can only be completed if you flip yourself three times while jumping and clap your hands twice in the air (and, of course, nothing documented).

Now I have TSW2, which is practically the same as TSW 2020, with two more routes and an old one but breaking it more than it was, so they basically gave me two dlc ... well, I'm not complaining about it. But we continue with the same or worse. Missions that cannot be completed if you don't search for 100 videos on youtube or search through hundreds of problems on the forum, etc.

Look, I bought this game to learn a little and to relax. Instead, what I get is the opposite ... "ohhh wow, is this a bug? ... am I doing something wrong? Ok, I'm going to look at non-existent or ridiculous manuals ... nothing in the two sheets of "manuals", I will waste an hour or two looking in forums. Ahhh, I'm not doing this wrong, it's a bug (one of hundreds), ohhh, wow, the restore point does not work and does not let me continue when I was about to finish a two-hour mission Great, right? All very relaxing.

Well I'm sorry, Dovetail, I have stopped trusting you, I will never buy anything related to you again.

I know this is a very long post, it is written in terrible English and that it is not constructive. It is only a formal complaint from an old and grumpy customer who has had enough of a very defective product, with almost no manuals and with no quality controls. Nothing else.

Regards

• Like Like x 27
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

OK thanks

• Like Like x 5
  3. LordDistructorss91

LordDistructorss91 Member

We need urgent bug fixes, and path guides to avoid YouTube! Statements from developers wouldn't be bad! Then what is the train whistle for? Air conditioning? Heating? If you can't use them? Or on-board telephone ..... I propose that if a locomotive suffers a breakdown, it slightly goes off the rails, a bot that is paid for with game points by calling with the on-board telephone arrives by special train. Mechanics either repair trains or put back on rails ...

• Like Like x 2
  4. LordDistructorss91

49c0e65e-f91d-4dc6-90fa-bf15a85d25a5-large1x1_85TRAINDERAILMENT.jpeg b38_2.jpg
    Bot Service TSW2 2021 2020

5. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

If TSW series is not a simulation game why you're looking for documentation? Press X to move and Y to break and have a fun!
    Forza Motorsport series, MS Flight Simulator 2020, RIDE3 are real simulators or just simulation oriented exactly like TSW series? :)

TSW documentation list: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw-help
    Unofficial ICE 3 (407 Velaro = Pretty similar to the 406 3M): https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...BR407_ICE3_VelaroD_Manual_EN.pdf?t=1542030104
    CSX HH & SPG: http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/530070/manuals/Operator_Manual_EN.pdf?t=1489589182

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. batrasian63

batrasian63 Member

Thanks for all your responses, it was just a customer complaint to the developers, based on my opinion. Now I clearly see that this game is bug-free (it can be seen in the forum that all the hundreds of bugs that have existed for years have been fixed and the game goes through exhaustive quality controls) and that the documentation is excellent. Thanks for clarifying.

Even so, it is not necessary to make fun of those who do not think the same, I think these are very childish attitudes.

In any case, I am too old for this nonsense.

However, 7orenz I appreciate your help. I have already read all the "manuals", although you will agree with me that the documentation is very poor.

On the debate between game and simulator ... obviously I wanted to define a line between something that simulates more or less exactly and something that doesn't. I am fond of simulation, especially flight simulators, since the days of Sublogic's FS1 Flight Simulator. I have no problem managing an FMC or any other system. I know what everyone understands by a simulation and TSW 2, in my opinion, is not (perhaps it could be if its developers took more care of the quality of their product).

Best regards.

• Like Like x 2
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Documentation is not so bad, in my opinion.
    About the simulation factor - I play most flight & train sims - TSW is pretty good in many aspects.
    I am not a pilot. I am not a train driver.
    BR :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

This is just another goodbye topic that offers barely anything to start a constructive discussion, so what did you expect to get as answers?
    Did you want more people echoing what you said so that you can feel better?

Most people here know that there are tons of bugs and problems and no one here said there aren't any.

In terms of childish, maybe read your first post again and the way you wrote like the part "missions that can only be completed if you flip yourself three times while jumping and clap your hands twice in the air", which is a super grown up way of providing helpful feedback to work with and to improve upon.

There is nothing new here and nothing that will help anyone except yourself venting your anger at the game and for that don't expect serious answers.

In any case, I am too old to cater to every rant poster without fuel for discussion and that nonsense.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Please keep things civil, if you are unable to have a constructive discussion then perhaps don't post in this thread. You are all entitled to a difference of opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I would not exaggerate with care. Nothing bad is happening here :D

• Like Like x 4
  11. LordDistructorss91

[QUOTE = "DTG Natster, post: 182551, member: 21175"] Per favore mantieni le cose civili, se non sei in grado di avere una discussione costruttiva, forse non postare in questo thread. Avete tutti diritto a una divergenza di opinioni. [/ QUOTE]
    Unfortunately, people are frustrated. For better or for worse! However as happens in all games if things are missing, bugs are not fixed, people just explode either in silence or venting on the forum. However, I mention it, I do not want to feed anger or a little constructive speech. Dear developers however this must sound like a warning siren, that people are awake people want this beautiful game to evolve! So everyone is seeing you from above! COME ON! WORK! HIHIHIhahahha

• Like Like x 1
  12. batrasian63

batrasian63 Member

mclitke
    Actually, I wasn't expecting a response as this message is intended for developers and perhaps future buyers.

As for infantilism, it is surely a language barrier, what I meant in a humorous tone and I think I more or less clarified it later, is that you have to cheat or activate controls in an undocumented sequence or press undocumented buttons or not follow the procedures indicated on the screen or hope that no sequence is broken. But it's okay, I'm happy with that "childishness", it makes me laugh, although not from other people.

And I affirm, again, in case you have not read it, that my statement can not be more than a complaint to the developers and a personal opinion based on objective facts (you yourself recognize part of them). I'm not looking for or needing applause, why would I need it?

DTG Natster
    Thanks, not all forums allow negative reviews of your products.

breblimator
    It doesn't seem like an exaggeration to me either ;-) I'm just a little grumpy and have a crazy idea that people can express contrary opinions without being rude. And I'm not saying that for you, of course.
    I am a pilot trying, without much success, to drive a train ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  13. batrasian63

batrasian63 Member

LordDistructorss91
    That's what I wish, do you really think I don't want to enjoy this game?

However, I've been waiting a long, long time for fixes, some so simple that it would make me blush if that happened to my software (I'm a software developer... and a chair pilot ;-)

14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

So cool! :) I am so scared about flying but love to try someday, but as a pilot too!

Sometimes I may lack understanding of statements like yours here - mea culpa. I will add to my justification and to our encouragement: these have been years, also of changes in my attitude, before I could fully enjoy games about trains (e.g. TSW), despite these obvious shortcomings. If something has a 'simulator' in its name, it attracts demanding customers and has to meet high expectations. I help myself in such a way that I build a layer that is not in the game - such an auto-role-play element, e.g. I'm looking for interesting facts about routes in reality. Later, I add a bit in my imagination and somehow forget about the lack of an EDITOR ( hope DTG will not forget :D ).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. LordDistructorss91

[QUOTE = "batrasian63, post: 182600, member: 16073"] [USER = 4608] LordDistructorss91 [/ USER]
    È quello che desidero, pensi davvero che non mi voglia divertire con questo gioco?

Tuttavia, ho aspettato molto, molto tempo per le correzioni, alcune così semplici che mi farebbe arrossire se fosse successo al mio software (sono uno sviluppatore di software ... e un pilota di sedia; -) [/ QUOTE ]
    EsattOOOOOOOOOOO! exact!!!
    [QUOTE = "breblimator, post: 182605, member: 11669"] Fantastico! :)Ho tanta paura di volare, ma mi piace provare un giorno, ma anche come pilota!

A volte mi può mancare la comprensione di affermazioni come la tua qui - mea culpa. Aggiungerò alla mia giustificazione e al nostro incoraggiamento: sono stati anni, anche di cambiamenti nel mio atteggiamento, prima che potessi godermi appieno i giochi sui treni (es. TSW), nonostante queste evidenti mancanze. Se qualcosa ha un "simulatore" nel suo nome, attrae clienti esigenti e deve soddisfare aspettative elevate. Mi aiuto in modo tale da creare un livello che non è nel gioco - un tale elemento di gioco di ruolo automatico, ad esempio, sto cercando fatti interessanti sui percorsi nella realtà. Successivamente, aggiungo un po 'di immaginazione e in qualche modo dimentico la mancanza di un EDITOR (spero che [user =' 21175 '] DTG [/ user] non dimentichi : D). [/ QUOTE]

Abbiamo bisogno di notizie, ma devono fare una mossa.
    Hanno fatto così tanti dlc, senza riparare completamente quelli vecchi!
    Serve notizie ok ma anche nel vecchio dlc.
    Se il gioco sarà basato o basato solo su dlc, next dlc, next, next, next.
    Il gioco avrà molti bug.
    OK dlc ma pensa anche ai contenuti gratuiti.
    Come giocano ad altri giochi? Puoi ottenere il 70% di articoli gratuiti ma se vuoi farlo prima paghi ....
    Manca :
    1- congelamento del vetro (a cosa serve il riscaldamento?)
    2- effetti del calore (aria condizionata a cosa serve?)
    3 Motore, avaria del treno.
    4- Il telefono sul treno, potrebbe essere usato per chiamare i robot di riparazione che spendi in punti di gioco.
    5-Non ci sono deragliamenti, situazioni pericolose e qui è necessario un campanello del treno o una sirena o un fischio.
    Non ci sono animali nelle piste che attraversano il CSX.
    6 I passaggi e le barriere sono sempre chiusi, mai aperti, mai chiusi.
    7- Benessere, soddisfazione, salute dei passeggeri (aria condizionata o riscaldamento, frenate improvvise).
    8- pericoli imprevisti da parte di passeggeri o automobilisti distratti.

OOOOOK non deve diventare GTA! Ma se c'è un messaggio positivo, che insegna, anche chi ha consentito l'utilizzo di marchi ferroviari sarebbe contento.

Spero che ci sia uno sviluppatore che legge e prende nota ed è seriamente intenzionato a cambiare tutto rapidamente ...
    Oggi basta poco perché un'altra azienda decida di fare qualcosa in questo senso e tanti utenti si muovono!
    Quindi attenzione ...

We need some news, but they have to make a move.
    They made so many dlcs, without completely fixing old ones!
    It serves news ok but also in old dlc.
    If game will be based, or based only on dlc, next dlc, next, next, next.
    Game will have a lot of bugs.
    OK dlc but also think about free content.
    How do they play other games? You can get 70% free items but if you want to do it first you pay ....
    It lacks :
    1- glass freezing (what's heating for?)
    2- effects of heat (air conditioning what is it for?)
    3 Engine, train failures.
    4- There phone on the train, it could be used to call repair bots that you spend on game points.
    5-There are no derailments, dangerous situations and here you need a train bell or siren or whistle.
    There are no animals in the csx crossing tracks.
    6 Passages and barriers are always closed, never open, never closed.
    7- Wellbeing, satisfaction, health of passengers (air conditioning or heating, sudden braking times).
    8- unexpected dangers on the part of distracted passengers or motorists.

OOOOOK does not have to become GTA! But if there is a positive message, which teaches, even those who have allowed the use of railway brands would be happy.

I hope there is a developer who reads and takes note and is serious about changing everything quickly ...
    Today it takes very little for another company to decide to do something in this sense and a lot of users move!
    So watch out ....

• Like Like x 1
  16. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Si sono già mossi. Eccoli!
    They have already moved. Here they are! :D :D :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. LordDistructorss91

Dovetail Game It has a nice competitor .... As soon as it comes out I'll take it!

18. LordDistructorss91

Ooooooooooo.

Attention competition coming! What do I mean or do we mean? Dovetail we love you! But above all since TSW 2 will be released within next day You have to make a mega change, free with more simulation .... Because if we compare to the competition we begin to look like a Beta! So since I love TSW I hope you will introduce great things! And Fix Bug!

• Like Like x 2
  19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Cool like ICE :D !

• Like Like x 1
  20. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain that you will buy from them again...
    Actually, the DTG forums DID silence negative comments a number of years ago (probably around the days of TS2016, when the forums were called Engine Driver).

21. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Silencing criticism is only done through action, not censorship. You gain nothing by forcing your forum to be exclusively positive, you want to be able to have a proper two-way conversation where there are problems, not just delude yourself into thinking everything is peachy by surrounding yourself with players who are happy.

Anyone who is prepared to give us considered feedback will be listened to.

• Like Like x 10
  22. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It is a pity, technical support does not work at such a pace and with such commitment. I do not write it maliciously, but it looks a bit like this, although I can imagine what situation we put you all in, sometimes.

Waiting for help or at least an answer, BR :D

• Like Like x 2
  23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I have to agree, I could call myself "lucky" since I do not do any of the scenarios. I'm more interested in timetable mode (where there are far less bugs) and I couldn't care less about the whole Journey thing and Collectables as well... but I have to agree mainly on the documentation and manuals part, to be honest I always wanted to write my own to be more accurate and in-depth but lacking real-life info I can't base documentation off a simulator (even the most accurate, which TSW is not to be honest...), also some bugs such as the BR185 AFB are for me game braking (I can't play the 185 if the AFB doesn't work and I'm going to get really mad if it's broken in the BR146 as well), and something minor such as the broken brake dial in the Class 377 ruins the experience, particularly if you are running Hudless.

Also I had a bit of a "is that a bug?" Moment on the Bakerloo caused by my lack of knowdlegde of the LU signalling system, but I managed to resolve it thanks to Google at least

Anyway I completely understand your frustration and you wanting to let the devs know. Forums are also just for chatting about and not every post has to be a scientific paper about a certain bug I'm fine if there is just some chatting about the game... it's not in Technical Reports anyway... it's in pc DISCUSSION

• Like Like x 2
  24. LordDistructorss91

[QUOTE = "DTG Protagonist, post: 182703, member: 18967"] Tacere le critiche viene fatto solo attraverso l'azione, non la censura. Non ottieni nulla costringendo il tuo forum ad essere esclusivamente positivo, vuoi essere in grado di avere una corretta conversazione a due vie dove ci sono problemi, non solo illuderti nel pensare che tutto sia peachy circondandoti di giocatori che sono felici.

Chiunque sia disposto a darci un feedback ponderato verrà ascoltato. [/ QUOTE]
    Do not do things badly, otherwise I would not have spent 100 euros or maybe more but! And a classic situation here they say a hail storm is coming and so you don't believe it. Half an hour passes and it rains hail ... Follow the example of Hello games! On the one hand you have done so many DLCs to earn money and bisness, I get it. But it's too much, you need free content, you need effects like I said before, dangerous situations. Then playing must have the satisfaction of having unlocked something and then there must be a ranking in a stream sharing area. For example, you drive a train in an extremely snowy place, at some point there is a snow avalanche, you have to wait for the service train to clear its path. Unfortunately done what you did you released TSW 2 with bugs which has a lot of beta. You have to change your mindset, be aware that the world revolves around streaming, people need to see funny and absurd things. So for me TSW2 is a precision racing game, we need ranking races announcing who is the best in a particular course! Hello games so do free Dlc! And make money with just a couple, because it attracts people! Why do i like tsw 2? Because I can shoot like for GTA! Loso is not and must not become, but there must be reality on one side and less stock on the other. Dovetail, you have little time before the storm unfortunately maybe only months to set the goal ...

• Like Like x 1
  25. LordDistructorss91

[edit by Protagonist - we require that posts be made in English, thank you]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  26. wargame99

wargame99 New Member

The problem I have is with the German Railroads. I don't know enough about their controls to determine why a train can't move forward from a station, when earlier I was able to leave other stations without incident. Have I done something wrong that I need to remedy? Have I done something out of order? Is the problem a bug? Am I stupid? (don't answer that one). I don't know the answer. These problems for me haven't come up in the short tutorials. So consequently while I have some German routes, I don't play them too much. It would be nice to have either a FAQ or instructions/checklist as to why I can't move to troubleshoot. I don't have these issues with American or British rails. So I would like to have more useful documentation regarding the German rails.

• Like Like x 1
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

There is what in italy we would call something like "traction cut" basically whenever you apply the brakes if you don't have the throttle to the "off" position the traction cut will automatically set the throttle to off, but obviuosly won't physically move the handle.

To reset the the traction cut and apply power again you need to set the throttle yourself to the off position and don't try to accelerate too early (when the brakes are applied) because it won't let you and then you'll have to put the throttle to off again...

• Like Like x 1
  28. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It is definitely worth trying to learn German signaling, locos, etc. :)

• Like Like x 3
  29. flamingoodmedia

flamingoodmedia Member

I've not heard it mentioned in streams (DTG Protagonist ?) but for a ruddy good manual created by DTG themselves go for a search of the original in-depth manual for Train Sim World, this wil cover a good amount of the preserved collection also ...

It'll do for now as a reference for those who need it ??? Unsure why DTG didn't just make edits to the existing document ...

Other TSW original manuals are there via the Steam store page usually ...

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AgWjh7pcCSGTkfQEJZBu3zhHDJceLg?e=Ug7qun

Here's a link above to the main manual on my onedrive, feel free to download ... If this is not allowed mods, please disallow it !

• Like Like x 2
  30. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

That manual is brilliant. Answered a lot of my sand patch woes. Thank you.

DTG Protagonist is there anything similar for the 72 stock and Ice. This above was a brilliant read. I’d love to know more about the computer units to use them effectively

31. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Like Like x 1
  32. seathe

seathe New Member

Ahhh man, I understand you sooo freaking much, those bugs have got me soooo nervous and anxious. I have also got all the freaking dlc, what I hate the most about these games is that, you cannot relax while playing them, sometimes I think that the developers actually wanted to see their customers burning the hell out of their brain. While the lack of documentation, just proves the "seriousity" of the developers. I do not really think that it is normal that we are looking for the documentation in here, that is just absurd.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  33. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Be brave \o/

• Like Like x 2
  34. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Well, the documentation issue is still a problem.DTG tried to cobble something together with the video tutorial, but they are aimed at casuam player. More advanced players and I still feel let down...
    To be clear, I'm not expecting Zusi-like documentations, but at the very least the usual manual that used to come with the routes would have been nice.

• Like Like x 3