Bakerloo Line Background Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thomastl59374, Sep 28, 2020.

1. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

For the overground section of the line, I think it would be nice to have some trains running on the mainline running parallel to the tube tracks to add a bit more atmosphere and authenticity. This could be a class 66 from GWE as is that a default route when you first get the game so everyone would have it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Apparently the overground section is not fully built and is only there because it is there in real life. I don’t think it can actually be explored or populated with trains.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

I agree with the suggestion. It is dead on the overground section. Lifeless. You don't go past Wembley yards without seeing freight vehicles in the yard.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Firstly, not everybody would have the Class 66 as it was in GWE and ECW, neither of which are standard with TSW2, both only being included as preserved collection (from TSW2020 purchases) or separately purchased routes for TSW2.

Secondly, having only the Class 66 wouldn’t be very realistic as there are many other trains on that section of line, which would all need building and licensing for the liveries to be included, so won’t happen.

Thirdly, the tracks are only scenery items and not actual running track so can’t be used for any trains. So, although it would be nice to have some action on those tracks, they are going to remain empty I’m afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Given they've now built it (albeit badly) for TS2021 I wouldn't be surprised if we got a WCML route eventually (Euston-Milton Keynes or somewhere similar), a merge then for owners of both is I think how this would best be resolved.

6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the WCML on the Bakerloo Line is for scenery only. There is and won't be any trains running on it in the future because no doubt it was done to an absolute minimal effort, so things would be missing for even AI trains to run on it.

The same would probably be done if the WCML was done out of Euston. The Bakerloo Line would be there but no trains running on it.

DTG and extensions do not mix, as we've seen with previous routes in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to be AI trains. Even if there was some general rolling stock added in as scenery it would be nice as we have other vehicles such as cars and planes on other routes.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That should be doable and would be nice to see.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

Even add workers and machinery to make it look as though it is under engineering possession would be better.

• Like Like x 1