Various Suggestions And Qol Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aquantis, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Aquantis

Aquantis Active Member

Suggestions:
    • Include a "Calling-At" list/Schedule: (Mostly relevant to GWE) I really have having to cross-reference GWR timetables to find which 166 service is a fast one, only to realize I looked at the wrong time table and I'm driving an all-stops train
    • Rolling Stock Manifest: Simple really, include a diagram of the rolling stock, say maybe a 2d sideview of the train if it's short, and if it's a freight train, the engines with a multiplier above, followed by carriages with a respective multiplier
    • Trains in GWE start off in yard and unloaded in stations: This was partially taken care of in RT, the loading being the first activity in the scenario, but I hate loading in at Old Oak and having every engine firing
    • AI Traffic: I've seen a few cars on the roads in GWE (by few I mean I counted three while I was waiting at a station) and I think it'd be a huge improvement to have more vehicular/pedestrian traffic along the rails, in HH, GWE, and RT
    • Guards: I really don't like how on the class 43 you're kinda all alone, the doors magically close themselves and no buzzer goes off to tell you you're ready to go.
    • Station Additions: Things like Arrival Time displays, working monitors, station staff and hustle and bustle would be nice to see

• Like Like x 2
  2. MJLevy1118

MJLevy1118 Member

Agree - I too have started passenger services on GWE, only to find once I was started and underway that my service was apparently a fast service, when I had wanted to do slow services. There's no way to tell at this time which services stop where. A timetable would be greatly appreciated!

3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Or until the passenger information system is ready a 2d map with showing the service numbers of the trains, then you could look into the PDF with the schedule. But when this useless 2d map will be enhanced, nobody knows...

4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

A way to access the timetable for a particular service from inside the game would be super cool. I see no reason why this feature would not be possible, as the game internally knows the services timetable (that's how it figures out where to put trains on the map when you spawn at a random time) the menu just needs some way to look at that timetable and say "this is where the train stops and when it stops there." Plus, a simile display of estimated service duration would help too. A fast service will take less time than a stopping one after all.

• Like Like x 1