[fix Download] Ruhr-sieg Nord Br 185.2 Clean Livery Fix

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheShotte, Sep 19, 2020.

1. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

As some of you keen eyed individuals may have noticed, the stock livery on the BR 185.2 looks very awkward. Although it may be based on certain prototypes, I believe there most have a clean livery on which you cannot see the old "RAILION" logo.

Default BR 185.2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can clearly see, the RAILION letters are clearly visible, regardless of condition and lighting. I'm not sure if the reasoning behind this is intentional or not.

Clean Livery BR 185.2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have edited the decal texture to remove the "artifacts while maintaining maximum accuracy to the original texture. It took me all of like 5 minutes to do, and I do have a big thank you to trainsimcz for converting the edited PNG to a Unreal .pak file with the cooked texture inside.

If you're on PC, you can download the fix here:
    RSN BR 185.2 Clean Livery Download

Instructions:
    Simply put the downloaded BR185-LiveryFix.pak file into your "\Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC" directory.

For reference, here is a screenshot of how it was back in TSW2020 upon release. Maybe the letters were visible as well, but nowhere near as much as they are now.
    [​IMG]
    The above shot has been taken from First Look TSW : Ruhr-Sieg Nord DB BR 185.2 Introduction

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  2. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

I mean I appreciate your effort and am happy for everyone who wants to use this, but is it really a "fix"? It might even be intended to be this way since you can see the remnants of the Railion livery on real life trains aswell.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. TheShotte

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

OK weird. So either it is intentionally accurate or unintentually inaccurate :D
    And even then, there are of course alot of locos irl where you can't see the old letters.
    In the end it would be cool to have both options as liveries, then everybody would be happy I guess

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheShotte

Well we technically will have the proper RAILION livery when Main-Spessart Bahn comes over to Preserved Collection.

6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

If you repeat the introduction-scenario and switch on the hand torch you can see Railion Logistics (in both the sides) also in this contest. This happen because there are not enough sun reflex on this "scenario". And the 2 types of red are (voluntarily) too similar.

DB BR 185.2 Introduction.
    Train Sim World 2® 2020-09-19 22-07-35.png

Source: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-2-duel-livery-on-one-side.27119/#post-175835

The best example: https://www.flickr.com/photos/icypixel/48692031603/in/album-72157710727908751/

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

The old one had it too, it's realistic to have the Railion underneath. But I can fully understand why there is a need for a clean one :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. DROGE

DROGE Active Member

Whether realistic or not, I vastly prefer the clean one, so thanks for making this mod!

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheShotte

Personally, I didn't mind the old RAILION text, I just didn't like the way it was implemented. In some shots, the RAILION letters were brighter than the rest of the locomotive, and in others, they were darker. IRL, where the letters were should be brighter (because the rest of the locomotive got dirty and it stayed clean under the letters). If this was the case, I would be more or less okay with them. Again, in real life, not all locos have this visible, so it's nice to have an option to use a "clean" livery.