PlayStation [resolved] Screenshot Info Chopped Off On Ps4 Loading Screens

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stujoy, Sep 27, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The new addition of screenshot contest winners’ pictures appearing as loading screens on PS4 is great but only the top half of the info section at the bottom of the picture that contains the name of the creator etc. is visible on screen, like the entire picture is too tall for the screen and the very bottom is chopped off.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I'm on PS4 and I don't find this problem myself. Have you checked your monitor for any screen enlargement settings? I know my screen has a setting that crops a little off the screen. I believe there is a setting inside PS4 that does something similar, but that's a vague memory I'm afraid.

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t think anything’s going on with any screen settings. I thought there might be a slight chance of something like that, so I took a screenshot tonight while one of the pictures was on the screen. I haven’t looked at the screenshot yet though, turned the PS4 off before remembering to put it on a USB stick (was planning to upload it here). It’s just that everything else appears to fit perfectly on the screen, nothing too close to the edges on anything except the words at the bottom of the loading pages in TSW, which are chopped off, and not by just a few pixels either. I’ll look into it a bit more tomorrow.

4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I'll have another look too

5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I don't have this issue either on PS4, all seems to be visible to me

6. BigH

BigH Active Member

Works fine for me.
    Could be some TV setting, e.g. Picture Size: Original, Fit, Enlarge, 16:9 or so. Could be your screen/screen area settings on PS4. Just some ideas.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I had another look and it appears that it was my TV. Everything else fits, including all the HUD on TSW2 and every other game, within the border that (it appears) a lot of TVs chop off the screen by default. All TV stations and game content is kept within the area normally shown and this is the first thing I’ve ever seen chopped off. Turns out there is a bigger screen setting to show absolutely everything.

So it’s the ‘fit screen‘ setting on the TV that fits everything on. Silly me for thinking that having the PS4 set to 1920x1080 and the TV set to the same 1920x1080 and 16:9 would show everything the PS4 was outputting. I’ve always avoided ‘fit screen/fill screen’ settings ever since the early days of widescreen TV when 4:3 aspect ratio TV content would get stretched out to fill the screen. I cannot abide aspect ratios being distorted. But that’s the setting I needed.

Anyway all sorted now, thanks for everyone pointing me to the real culprit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. F.Barnes

F.Barnes Active Member

Had the same problem with my older LG-TV.
    Now i put it from "16:9" to "just scan" and it's perfect.

Thank you BigH and stujoy :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2