Adding Ap Enhanced Weather To Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pookeyhead, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I'm having a nightmare getting AP Sky & Weather Enhancement Pack working with scenarios.
    Here's an example of what happens when I add a weather effect at the start, and then add an extension later in the scenario.

In the following video I start with Thunderstorm, and as the train is due to leave, I wish to transition a Thjundery shower lasting for 12 minutes. The trigger name for Thunderstorm is "Weather1" and the name for the shower is "SingleWeather2". This is how it all looks in the scenario editor... https://youtu.be/K-SZS8ErLDg

However, when I play the scenario, this happens (watch when the game time gets to 54 seconds) https://youtu.be/NO-ogIlSvCY

It's driving me nuts... here's the relevant page on the manual from AP

weather1.JPG

However, All types have the same trigger names... for instance, Weather1 is a trigger name for Rain, Thunder and Snow... how is the game supposed to determine what weather you want?

I'm about to throw the towel in here.

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

I bought the AP Pack few days ago, and this is the exact thing I was struggling with the last day, and this is basically the only topic I could find online. I was also about to throw the towel, but random clicking on buttons got me the solution :D An important part is missing in the manual.
    You need to enable the "Advanced" weather module, by clicking on the "Advance" button in Scenario properties (in editor)
    RailWorks_2020-09-30_17-00-18.png

From there, select the Weather pattern that matches in name with the First column in the table, in manual (i.e APEP Thunderstorm).
    RailWorks_2020-09-30_17-00-47.png

Then you can do what the manual tells you to do, that is create an event with the corresponding trigger name. ;)

3. Pookeyhead

I've long since sorted it, but no one replied, and I forgot all about this thread. :) Glad you sorted it too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Just out of interest, are you intending to release scenario's on a commercial basis?

5. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Glad this got resurrected as I was having the same issue. Recently got the AP weather pack and wanted to change the weather on some scenarios and couldn't seem to find the names listed in the manual. Cool!

6. Pookeyhead

Not really, no. I tend to modify existing ones that I don't have AI for, or just because interesting weather makes for more visual interest.

7. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Well, if you ever change your mind, hit me up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

Apologies for digging up this thread but I've just installed this AP pack and under the Advanced drop down in the Scenario editor (as shown in the pictures above) it just says "None". There's no sign of the AP weather options at all.

I've tried this in my own scenarios for both WCML South and Fife Circle.

To be certain, I reinstalled the weather pack making sure of the correct install location in the Railworks folder but still no joy.

Can anyone shed any light on what I might be doing wrong.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  9. Pookeyhead

Before it is visible in that initial menu, you have to tell the scenario editor that you wish to use the AP pack. See page 25 in the manual.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

Thank you so much Pookeyhead that did the trick.

I know, I should RTFM.

11. Pookeyhead

LOL.. we all dive in without reading it at some point :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

Manuals?!? PFFffff. Who reads manuals beforehand?

• Like Like x 1