East Coastway 5g61

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by maz_62, Sep 28, 2020.

1. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

Has anyone managed to get a gold on 5G61 Empty to Depot on East Coastway on Xbox?? I either end up at the buffers but 200 yards away as I’m in the front cab (as you leave the station) or I try from the back can but it won’t let me sit down in the drivers seat!!
    Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug??

2. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

I’ve just tried reversing out of the station after ignoring the warning when sitting in the back cab and managed to complete the service within a yes of the target BUT I got no medal!

3. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Took me at least 5 attempts to do this one In TSW2 (even after completing in TSW1)
    Trick 1 ... pull out the station and stop EXACTLY on the reversing point
    Trick 2 ... stay in the cab and hit reverse. Then use the rear camera to stop exactly on the stopping point. You need to virtually hit the buffers to end the scenario!

4. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

I’ll have another go!

5. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I wouldn't worry too much about the distance marker because that just tells you how far away your footprints are from the objective and not your actual stopping distance. Besides which, if you look at the end stats for the 5G61 scenario you'll notice you're not actually graded for stopping accuracy.

The scenario itself is a mystery because I already had a bronze medal for it but try as I might, I can't get a medal of any sort now. I've driven thru the train wash at the recommended speed, kept the exact speed all the way with a lightning fast turnaround, nipped to the rear of the train to swop the lights around and nailed the stopping points (without hitting the buffer) but always with an end score of 1,650.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/boris-the-frog/screenshot/20136217

westcastlerail... What score did you achieve to get a gold medal and would it be possible for you to post a clip to show the way you did it? If 1650 is beatable then it may be worth persisting with this and the other EC scenarios that throw up bronze medals.

6. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Hi Pinxtonpaws
    Thanks for asking the question .... I got 1650 in both TSW1 and TSW2.

I don’t really play for medals, so hadn’t noticed , that like you , I only got a bronze.

It seems the same for all the empty to depot services I have tried in East Coastway.

So unless there Is a “special” way to score extra points, I Would think it’s not possible to get a gold medal on these short scenarios in Eastcoast Way.

I’ve just checked Empty to a Depot services in GWR (1200 Ap gives gold) and NTP (600 ap gives gold) so probably is a Eastcoast Scoring error issue.

If anyone has a gold I to would be interested to know how!

• Like Like x 2
  7. KatiaBLR

KatiaBLR Well-Known Member

there is a way to achieve gold on this service, but it takes some doing!

to achieve gold leave brighton as normal, pass the wash area as normal, and stop at lovers way north as normal to pick up 500 points.

this is where it gets awkward:

after stopping and collecting 500 points, you need to drive back and forth on this stretch of line between right up at the buffers ahead and then reverse and stop before the ground signal L7 (do not pass this signal as it will turn red and you won't be able to pass it again!)

you have to so this many times until you reach at least 1510 points. you don't have to keep switching drivers cab, just switch from forward to reverse and back again.

obviously you're doing this to pick up the 30 points every 500 yards for not speeding, so don't go over 15 mph!

then switch drivers cab after all this and drive to the end point, ending with a total of 2100 points which is enough for gold.

i tried this method with a total of 1950 points but only got silver (so had to start again!), so the gold threshold is somewhere between 1950 and 2100, but 2100 definitely gets you gold.

you have to a similar thing on great western express tutorials to get from bronze to gold, but they don't take as long as this does.

overall it takes about 35-40 minutes here.

a bit of advice for anyone who goes for this, drive in classic mode not immersive mode as it is much quicker to switch from forward to reverse, and also set your cameras to external, position the front camera right at the nose of the train and do the same with the rear camera at the rear nose, that way it's quick and easy to see where the buffers and ground signal L7 is.

btw i use ps4 not xbox but the principal should be the same.

hope this helps somebody!
    katia

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

IIRC, certain TSW1/2020 routes were set up so that some short services simply don't award more than silver and sometimes even bronze, no matter how perfectly you do them. This is a route-by-route thing.